jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

I don't work and dont have tax information

1. lovequalpeace profile image54
    lovequalpeaceposted 5 years ago

If I don't work and never received income tax do I still have to put in tax information or what?  I am 18 and I never had a job!  If not how do I get around that part

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Which country are you in?

Every country usually has a tax site,especially to answer questions like yours.

I am sorry I cannot be more helpful,but keep checking back,someone more knowledgeable may help.

P.S You should have a tax number no matter whether you have worked or not.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your "tax information" is who you are, and what you earned--you have that.

Even if its zero earned wink

3. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If you are in the US it's simply your SSN - UK is probably your national insurance number.

4. lovequalpeace profile image54
      lovequalpeaceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you all for the replies, I thought I had to earn money or have a job  to fill that part out

1. Nouveau Skeptic profile image69
        Nouveau Skepticposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, yes, you do have to earn money.  You don't pay tax on zero earnings.

No ,you don't pay taxes on zero (though nothing surprises me,with governement anymore) but the OP asked do they have to out anything ,ie, register.

2. WriteAngled profile image89
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Pretty well anywhere in the world, if you start to earn money in any way, you need to declare this to the tax authorities even if it is well under the limit at which you would need to pay tax on it.

Where I live, if you are not in employment, you have to contact the tax office and tell them you have become self-employed. From then on, you will be sent a tax form to fill in every year.

working