jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Un-related Ads Showing Up

1. Charity Squid profile image73
    Charity Squidposted 5 years ago

I've noticed on my hubs that their are unrelated ads from Adsens on my Hubs.  It seems to show me ads from my own searches on the web.  It's marketing to me and not what is written in the hub.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

1. Dale Hyde profile image84
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Charity Squid, I just addressed this issue in another post.  What Google ads will show will be related to what the view was recently viewing.  I just visited the one hub in question in the other post and both Google ads were pertaining to my own recent online activity.  One was to do with camera shots and the other AVG anti-virus.  True, Google will also target your keywords at times to views, but they will also target the viewer with what they were just checking out figuring the person may be interested still and click the ad.

1. Dale Hyde profile image84
        Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That should be "related to what the viewer was recently viewing."  I need to put my specs on! smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image92
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

That is indeed the google norm. All is well. smile

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

This is what they do.

4. Charity Squid profile image73
    Charity Squidposted 5 years ago

I'm just hoping that other people aren't seeing un-related ads on my hubs?

5. sofs profile image84
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Ads displayed are more related to the viewers preferences than to your hub/article. That would mean it changes all the time... ads are also specific to the region or geographic location from which the person is reading your hub. So what you see may not be what your reader is seeing.

1. Charity Squid profile image73
      Charity Squidposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Feel much better now.   Thanks.

working