jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

What is a realistic number for a hub to have daily?

1. profile image0
    kelleywardposted 5 years ago

I'm new here and have several hubs that have around 8-10 views per day and one or two that have 50-130 per day. What is a realistic number of views a hub should have a day in order to be seen by Google or other search engines? Also if you have a chance could you check out my profile or hub for any suggestions you have on how I can make improvements. Thanks!

1. rmcrayne profile image93
      rmcrayneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think at the one year mark I had about 200 hubs, and had just started to hit around $100 per month AdSense (before Panda, and HP Ads).  I think at that time I had two hubs that averaged about 20 views a day, and they didn't really make me any money.  I went to HubCamp in Houston last March.  Robin said 20 views per day on any given hub was pretty good.  Obviously those making a living online would not consider 20 views a day to be a big success.  But there are others of us who are running a marathon, not a sprint and consider ourselves to be doing pretty well. 

Your single greatest problem as I see it is a lack of patience.  smile  Maybe you’re not in the same class, and that’s fantastic.  Maybe you should read sunforged, Susana S, thisisoli, etc.

1. profile image0
        kelleywardposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you are right. I have one speed and it's fast... Thank you for answering my question

1. rmcrayne profile image93
          rmcrayneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

kelley I can totally relate.  Would you believe I didn’t even sign up for AdSense for 3 months, because I didn’t want to drive myself nuts obsessing about a few pennies, checking stats every 3 minutes!  My advice, spend your greatest amount of HubPages time allowance in researching and writing hubs.  Then set some limits for yourself on the obsessing.  And personally, I no longer bother with bookmarking and such.  For me it just wasn’t worth the effort.  Just write when you can.  You never know which hubs are going to catch on.

1. profile image0

Rmcrayne you are so right it can be addictive to check!! Thanks for your advice!!

2. GinnyLee profile image93
    GinnyLeeposted 5 years ago

I like to compare it to the averages for the site:  http://hubpages.com/stats/

Of the 1.2M hubs published, only a bit more than 1/3 of them get 10 or more views per MONTH....

I would say you are doing quite well!

1. profile image0

Learning something new all the time I didn't know how to check those stats! Thanks

2. Bendo13 profile image85
      Bendo13posted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's a pretty cool stat list!

It was a bit of an ego boost when I noticed that 10 of my hubs fit in that 1,000+ bracket when not even 1% of the published hubs are in that range.

And 76 of my hubs are in the 100+ range, when only about 6% of the hubs are in that range.

Now I have a goal of getting at least one hub in that 10,000+ range so that I can be in the .06% club... you coming with me kelleyward?

1. profile image0

You bet!!

working