Realistic to Make $40 off 10,000 views daily?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Kain 360 profile image91
    Kain 360posted 6 years ago

Is it realistic to make $40 a day off of 10,000 views daily give or take? Before HubPages suffered from Google Algorithm updates in 2012; I remember doing very well with views on another account, but I don't think my CPM was that high. I pretty much semi-retired from writing on HP during 2014-2016 & many changes have been made since then.

Doesn't the CPM range from 2-5 dollars? Has the overall CPM improved across the board on Hubpages? Well, I guess it's the niche sites now.

CPM can make an astronomical difference in regards to earning potential.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That seems doable. I have sometimes made $5 in a day from around 1000 views.

Kain 360posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I've heard that articles and youtube video CPMs range from 2-5 dollars, but it can vary based on season, advertisers, niche, etc. My CPM this year seems to be higher compared to the older days on HubPages.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Do you realize that you are talking about getting 300,000 views per month?  That's one heck of a lot of views!  I don't know of many people here who get that many or who earn that much daily, but if you think you can achieve that goal, go for it!

On on another account back in 2011; I hit 10,000 - 15,000 views for several months before taking a major blow from changes in Google Algorithms. It sucked because I was doing so well. Now HP has niche sites and has changed to keep up with Google.

I was hellbent on those goals, though. And a bit lucky along with some consistent writing work.

3. poppyr profile image93
      poppyrposted 6 years agoin reply to this

1000 views gets you around $4, so 10,000 views becoming $40 sounds realistic enough, as long as people are still clicking on the ads at the same rate.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

1000 doesn't always get people $4...that amount can vary significantly because CPM is based on how much advertisers bid to have their ads placed on your pages.  Some people get far less, regardless of the number of hubs they write, some make far more.  Much depends on how searchable your topic is, who places ads etc.  There is no one set formula.

Also, outside forces influence readership.  Right now, for example, people are busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and many don't have time to search the net. On the other hand, if you have produced articles with recipes for Thanksgiving, you might do very well right now.

You have to write really well, write evergreen, lure readers in with great titles, etc., etc.  It took me years to figure out how things work here, and I still can't explain all of it.

The bottom line is that while we all like to earn, HP has said again and again that we should not plan on earning big amounts of money here and should not make earning our main goal.  I think that is wise counsel.

4. Susana S profile image90
      Susana Sposted 6 years agoin reply to this

CPM's have been above average for the last 4 months or so, sometimes way above average (at the moment my CPM's are double what they were this time last year), so yes it's definitely possible.

5. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

Having looked at the responses here, I'm seeing a lot of "probablies", "I think you cans" and "mights".  I'd like to hear from someone who has actually done this!

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I had stated "Yes, you can do this". No might or probably.

I didn't say "all " of the responses, but you must admit that this is what most said.  I don't know how you can say without doubt that someone can do this, even though you may have achieved it yourself.  You know as well as I do how how fickle Google and advertisers can be and how much competition is out there.  All I am saying is that I'd like to hear from someone with that many daily views (not more, not less) has been able to achieve this.  Are you saying you have done this?

Yes, almost every day. Is it probable? Not likely, for as you point out Google can be fickle. Is it a realistic goal? Definitely.

OK...but you must admit that you are a professionally educated person with expertise in your niche which is one that is extremely popular. You also have well over 200 hubs online. Very few who write here can say that, so while you've been able to achieve this goal, (which, by the way I think is great) I suspect that very few other writers can or ever will.  Would be nice if they could and is nice that people shoot for that goal, but the probability clearly is slim.

I have hit that goal and more from time to time myself but only because my Amazon sales are sometimes extremely good.  Another thing to point out to writers here is that if you aren't writing evergreen articles, any successes such as this will be spotty and may also be fleeting.

In your case (and mine) this isn't much of a problem.

Yes, I have almost 300 articles here. Several years ago, when new to the internet, I asked how many people treated this like a full time job. Everyone who answered told me it was just a hobby, for coffee money. If this HP effort is treated seriously, and the person has decent English skills, I do not think it is vital that you be professionaly educated or write in a popular niche. (I think my expertise helps when answering questions, since I do this a lot, not really necessary for writing hubs.)
                Alas, I do not make much off of Amazon sales. I do work on my titles a lot and make sure that they answer questions that people search for. Google sees fit to place a lot of them on the first page since the material is usually helpful. (I always try, at least.)
                So I still think that this is a realistic goal, for anyone that is willing to work at it.
                (I am not sure if crazyhorsesghost is still on HP, but that was a person who did treat this like a full time job, and he made a good full time income here an at other sites.)

He sure did!  Just reading what he did tired me right out lol!

I'm amazed you don't do well on Amazon.  I would think there'd be a ton of dog related products you could sell.  With your niche, the right ads could easily double your income!

I do not have that many capsules, and then only if they are for an ophthalmic ointment I recommend, first aid supplies, a medicated shampoo, etc. A few people have tried to help me out with that issue over the years but I just cannot justify adding many products. (I usually recommend homemade natural food, natural cures, etc. Not exactly Amazon material, am I!)

2. Chriswillman90 profile image89
    Chriswillman90posted 6 years ago

I was close to that amount with about 2/3 of 10,000 views so it's definitely possible. A CPM of 8+ should do the trick for 10K views.

3. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 6 years ago

Yes, you can do this, and make a lot more if you want to spend some time posting some evergreen articles.

4. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

That seems realistic to me, based on what I make a day on a lot less daily views.

5. nomadspirit profile image95
    nomadspiritposted 6 years ago

I think it would depend on your CPM. Recently I have seen my CPM going as high as $18. In such a situation, I would say you could make more than $40. Even at the lower end, I think you would make at least that. If you are lucky and get amazon sales, you could of course significantly increase that figure!

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Generally when traffic goes up, on HP, CPM goes down.

2. Kain 360 profile image91

CPM as high as $18 what!? That sounds extremely high. $20/day is 600 in a month already.

1. Susana S profile image90

You're very unlikely to get that much on 1000's of daily views.

HP seem to give those accounts with very low views high CPM's but they're only earning cents. e.g. 50 views at $18 CPM = 90 cents.

I'm getting around 11,000 views per day at the moment and my CPM's are no where near $18, but they are very decent.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

Need to be careful here about citing specific figures.   It's against the TOS and can get you banned.

6. Chriswillman90 profile image89

If the CPM stays as high as it is now then you could probably make double that with 10K views.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

You are right TimeT.,There are so many variables. Is it possible? Yes, of course? Have people done it? For sure. Is it probable? That depends on  the many variables. Everyone has to find out for themselves.

8. Chriswillman90 profile image89

I've achieved this last Nov-Dec with relative ease. Like I said you don't even need that many views to hit 40 as long as the CPMs are relatively high.

With the above average values now, you just need 6-8K views per day to reach 40+.

Although I'm curious to know if that 40 target is good enough for hubbers. Personally my goal would be 100+ per day.

Great goal!!!

9. poppyr profile image93
    poppyrposted 6 years ago

Just an update on the original post: I managed to get 10,000 views yesterday but I got nowhere near $40. It was all on one article, which might have had something to do with it.

Was it mainly social traffic?

2. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

But you will today smile Earnings are 24 hours behind traffic, if you know what I mean?

Who said earnings come 24 hours behind traffic?  Never heard that before?  Explain please?

I think what raggededge means is that the earnings for yesterday only just updated....earnings aren't shown in real time but lag a good 14 hrs or more.

1. theraggededge profile image97
            theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's what I mean. Poppyr said she got the views 'yesterday', but she wouldn't see the earnings for yesterday until today, when the stats update.

3. Chriswillman90 profile image89
      Chriswillman90posted 6 years agoin reply to this

That sounds very unusual, I guess it depends where your traffic comes from or maybe where you're currently located even (country).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)