jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Favorite Topics

1. flashmakeit profile image61
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I am kind of new on the hubpages and I would like to know how do you put favorite topics on your profile page?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It should happen automatically once you have published at least 18 hubs, as that is the number of hubs that are shown in that area.

1. flashmakeit profile image61
        flashmakeitposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you I believe I understand how that works.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...bump

3. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago

I honestly am not perfectly sure, but I think they just appeared there once I had written several hubs within one topic.

I have a vague recollection of choosing topics to follow way back when I signed up, but I can't find any feature like that, now.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Flashmakeit, you are welcome!

SmartAndFun, just click on any of the topics via this link, and a "follow" button will appear: http://hubpages.com/topics - This will influence what appears on your feed.

But as far as the profile page, what matters is what topics (categories) the hubs have been placed under. These can be set when publishing hubs, and can easily be changed at any time via this link: http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/categories

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
        SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, WE, you're the best.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Not sure what you mean but titles do show up under wherever you 'categorize' them, when you make the initial set up of the hub smile

1. SmartAndFun profile image91
      SmartAndFunposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think what flashmakeit means is the section on each writer's profile page that says the "Some of flashmakeit's favorite topics are" and lists the hubs they've written in those topics. I don't think that section shows up until you have a number of hubs in a topic, and then it just automatically shows up one day (?).

working