jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (30 posts)

Copied content

1. radhikasree profile image78
    radhikasreeposted 5 years ago

Just now I saw a hub that was copied from that of mine. I had published it on 27th Feb. The same hub is being published with a little changes here and there. What should I do? Any help would be highly appreciated.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it's on HP, report it to HP. I just found one on another site that was copied almost exactly from mine, links and all. I've heard people talking about this but this is my first.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
        couturepopcafeposted 5 years ago in reply to this
    2. sofs profile image85
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If it is not in HP file a DCMA... I have just done this for four of my hubs.. GRrrrrrrrrrrrr...

radhikasreeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's on HP only. The copied hub got published just now with almost the same title as that of mine.

How should I report it? Should I mention the name of the hubber too?

1. sofs profile image85
          sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Send an email to team@hubpages.com
          Flag the hub and say it is copied from your hub - duplicate content

O.K. I'll do that. Thanks couturepopcafe and sofs for the help.

1. Cardisa profile image92
              Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am wondering how the system hasn't picked it up yet. It would have eventually though. You need to check the web occasionally for your content too, to see if any one has stolen them.

The hub is still there. It's two days since I flagged it and the hub has not been removed from there.

I could find out this when I was replying to a comment on my hub. How shall we find out if the entire content gets copied on the web? You'll not know if it gets published after making a huge re-write of it.

1. profile image0
                  Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

DMCA - not duplicate content flagging - is the proper procedure here, especially if you want fast results as the owner of the original content. The Team responds to DMCA complaints quickly, and the issue should normally be resolved within 24 hours. Flagging for duplicate content does not guarantee anything.

http://hubpages.com/help/copyright_infringement

This has happened within HP and should I file a DMCA? What if I write to
                    team@hubpages.com?

2. John Holden profile image62
                John Holdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe the system isn't as good as it's cracked up to be!

When I came to Hub pages I deleted three posts to my blog site, left them a couple of days and then posted them on HP.
                Last week I was noddling around my much neglected blog and found one of the posts still there in its entirety.
                No duplicate content warning in over a year!

2. profile image0

If the duplicate content is on HubPages, the Original Poster - as a content owner of the original material - should file a DMCA complaint with HubPages.

O.K., then I'll file it. Thanks for the advice.

1. profile image0

You are welcome. Good luck.

2. IzzyM profile image89
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Last year I discovered a hubber had copied one of my hub word for word, I flagged it about 16 times (over several days) before it was removed.

I think the flagging thing works too slow. There needs to be a faster response to flagging.

I know of a hubber who reads and rewrites hubs but it's hard to flag them because they are rewritten. I have recognised a couple of my hubs and other too. She denies all comments so no one cam comment.

1. IzzyM profile image89
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You would be doing me the greatest service if you felt you could email me and tell me who it is.

I'm actually quite good at researching and finding out other information.

I hate thieves, and that is all they are.

Next time I find someone on HP has copied my work, they'll get the same treatment I give the rest - an automatic DMCA.

None of this pussyfooting around and asking nicely, just fire straight into Google and get them to sort it.

I will do that IzzyM, it's hard to prove it because she rewrites them but I am sure that's what she does.

I filed a DMCA yesterday and HP responded immediately. Not only the hub got removed, but the user was banned.

Thanks for the help and advice provided by my friends here.

Congrats! That's great, we don't need people like that around here. I feel great.

Now you just have to be careful that he/she doesn't take the content elsewhere.

Yes, Cardisa, I'm afraid he would publish it elsewhere in the web.

1. profile image0

Just set up an alert for your hub through Google Alerts. They will notify you if anything is posted on the Internet.

How can you set up the alert? In that case, your inbox will overflow with emails, no? I doubt I get emails of all related postings.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

That sounds like a reasonable outcome.

4. brakel2 profile image85
    brakel2posted 5 years ago

I have a hub on plagiarism that might help you if you have any questions not answered.

working