jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Problem with formatting my hubs

1. smith06 profile image75
    smith06posted 5 years ago

I am a newbie hubber. I have written an article on some health related subject.
    When trying to publish the article on HubPages, I am facing problems with
    the formatting of the sentences. I have written the article on notepad, copied
    from there and pasted on the box provided. But the sentences are getting distorted.  I would request the more experienced hubbers to help me.

2. urgurl_bri profile image87
    urgurl_briposted 5 years ago

if you copy and paste it then you will have to use the options that hug pages has in the text portion to change it to something that looks good.  You can use the heading selection to change it, or use bold, italic, underline.   And if some sentences are on a different line you'll have to use the backspace key until they back into place.   Otherwise, you could just try typing it in directly.

example:

if this is what your
    hub looks like then you can just put the insertion point
    at thebeginning of the sentence you want to move and
    back
    space it until
    it comes back to the line you want it to be on and also use the space bar.

(using back space and space bar i fixed the look.)
    if this is what your hub looks like then you can just put the insertion point at the beginning of the sentence you want to move and back space it until
    it comes back to the line you want it to be on and also use the space bar.

3. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Don't use notepad.  Notepad has very basic text formatting, and you have to break your sentences manually.  Use Wordpad instead.  Wordpad has better formatting.  Just don't double space between paragraphs.. other than that, everything is okay to copy direct to the Hubpages text capsule.   

Welcome to Hubpages, smith06!  Happy hubbing!

4. Dame Scribe profile image62
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

Welcome to HubPages smile I noticed that problem also and Rosie is right smile I usually write a Hub in a word processing program then move it to Notepad. I only do this if I have bullet points because they turn out well. If transfer straight from WP program to Hub, I end up with a messed up looking list tongue

5. smith06 profile image75
    smith06posted 5 years ago

As per the advice of Rosie, I have started using Wordpad (instead of Notepad). It has solved my problem. Thanks to all of you.

working