jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Duplicated content on my hub????

1. MissKrisCayllie profile image74
    MissKrisCayllieposted 5 years ago

I wrote my hub on a product and described my experience with the product. I did quote the company on their description on the product and cited the source. I have not published my review anywhere else and don't wish to change the content and my review on the product. Any help or ideas?? Thanks

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The quote is perhaps the problem.  Simply remove it and try again.  Product quotes may raise a flag.  smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How is that not duplicated content?

1. MissKrisCayllie profile image74
        MissKrisCayllieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I guess you have a point. Haha. I just thought we were able to quote.

3. Hunbbel Meer profile image90
      Hunbbel Meerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You CAN quote. However, make sure the significant part of your hub should not only be comprised of the duplicated contents.

As an example/verification, you can check my Hamlet's Soliloquies' Hubs. All these hubs consist the original text play (which is easily available on Gogole, and must be duplicated in order to publish, because the original text of the play cannot be modified in any way).

However, apart from that text, I still have a significant number of words explaining the soliloquy. All of these soliloquies are also ranked on Google's 1st page.

THE BOTTOM LINE?

The bottom line is that you can quote, but the concept of materialism applies here.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Quoting has to be done in as minimal a way as possible and you need to have LOTS of original text too.

Otherwise, as you've found out, you trip the duplicate content filter.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

The system (both Hubpages and search engines) don't see it as a "quote". All the words they see are just seen as text, no matter what colour or style they are in or attribution they have.

4. MissKrisCayllie profile image74
    MissKrisCayllieposted 5 years ago

Thanks everyone! I decided to paraphrase it instead and currently in review. Fingers crossed!

working