jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Beware of Knoji

1. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 5 years ago

A "new" site has launched called knoji dot com.

It's just the same wolf inside a new sheeps clothing. Previously it was known as factoidz dot com.

I have many reasons not to like factoidz and its owner. And there were others who were also burnt with similar experiences.

Perhaps I deserved it, considering I continued publishing articles there after being warned by a HubPage staffer no less that Factoidz had copy and pasted HPs Terms of Use and used it as their own (and even forgot to remove the HP office address from the information!).

If you looking at stretching out and publishing elsewhere (it's always good to not have all your eggs in one basket) then there are plenty of opportunities, but I recommend avoiding Knoji. In the very least do some homework and be sure to look up information on factoidz before you make a decision.

1. qeyler profile image57
      qeylerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Factoidz returns nearly 100k hits when one does a Factoidz+Rip Off search.  Reading the experiences of others....hundreds of others, should warn even the most slow brain that they will lose their copyright.  And just because "Oh, I joined Factoidz 3 months ago and they have always paid me", (twice) doesn't mean they will pay you next month.

Furthr, be aware of shills, (i.e. the horrid Jerry Walch) who will denigrate any one who dares post a warning.  This is because Walch makes money from the work of other writers who were dropped to member.

1. darkside profile image83
        darksideposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I see that you are well aware of the problem.

2. qeyler profile image57
    qeylerposted 5 years ago
    1. qeyler profile image57
      qeylerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

The Factoidz shills went after me. Had to edit articles and kill the comments

working