jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Potential future duplicate content concern.

1. Rob Winters profile image77
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

Someone contacted me requesting to post a part (a little in their words) of one of my hubs with a link to the rest on a site/blog of theirs.I'm concerned that allowing this could lead to difficulty relating to duplicate content issues subsequently existing and that this could have a negative impact.Any clarification or advice appreciated.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
      LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bottom line is that they will use parts of your material if they really want to and this may not be copyright infringment, depending on how much they use. HubPages will not penalize you in cases such as this.

2. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This should be fine if they only use the lead in to your hub and provide a link to your article.  This is good for you as it gains you more traffic and a possible backlink smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. Rob Winters profile image77

Thank you Luis, it's good to know hubpages are unlikely to take a negative view on this.

3. Rob Winters profile image77

Thanks Randy - I can definitely see the upside :-)Are you aware of any specific info on how much of a 'lead' would be ok - Opening line, opening paragraph or less than x number of words etc?

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Can't help you there, Rob!  I really have no idea how much of the article may be displayed before it is considered duplicate content.  I assume this is still allowed, but nowadays one never knows what is, or is not, acceptable to Google on a day to day basis.  As usual, it's a guessing game being an internet author.smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

4. Rob Winters profile image77

Thanks for replying Randy.You're undoubtedly right.I suppose several people could tell me several different things and even if some of them were correct that could all change very quickly :-)

working