jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Link List Hub - Is it Ok?

1. anne.moss profile image57
    anne.mossposted 9 years ago

I am working on compiling a list of resources for writers. This is essentially for my own use, but I figured it might be of interest to other online writers, and could actually be a hub page. My problem is this will at best be an annotated list of links. While none of them will be links to my own sites, I wonder if this is somehow a problem? I don't want to create a hub that will be perceived as low quality, and I am perfectly ok with leaving the list as a page in my Google documents folder wink Just wondering what might work best.

2. anne.moss profile image57
    anne.mossposted 9 years ago

Been looking through the FAQ and can't find anything concrete regarding the issue. What I did find was this:

Please note that promotional links are links that you have any interest in promoting (your blog, your Website, affiliate offers, etc.). Links to well-known Web resources which you don't have any personal interest in (like Wikipedia, news sites, encyclopedias, open directories, etc.) are exempt from this limitation.

I am not sure what the rule is about web resource which are not on the same scale as wikipedia, the ODP etc stand - when they are definitely not my own sites. I guess I better play it safe though and avoid setting up this hub.

3. compu-smart profile image73
    compu-smartposted 9 years ago

Hi anna,
    I have been thinking about your qestions..

If there are no more than two link (URLs) to the same domain at your hub, then you are fine!..

1. anne.moss profile image57
      anne.mossposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'll have to give it some thought. With some of them it could be deep drilling sites for maybe more than two articles. I think I may keep it a page on my blog after all, just to be on the safe side.

Thank you for considering my question smile

4. compu-smart profile image73

anna, Good luck!smile

5. compu-smart profile image73

You will know if your hub is not acceptable before you publish! by saving unpublished with warnings like this

WARNING: This hub is in danger of being flagged as Overly Promotional and/or Substandard.

I would write a hub and leave the link to your blog-website with all the links you want to leave..

smile

6. Julie-Ann Amos profile image58
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 9 years ago

I don't think you'd have any peoblem with this so long as you did a writeup about each link, actually

7. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image68
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 9 years ago

It is fine. No problem.

working