jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Questions Ranking Before It is Published

1. American_Choices profile image82
    American_Choicesposted 5 years ago

I know HubPages wants us active in the forums, however, I do not have time to do the keyword search for a question. It would be nice to have questions not published and ranked by HubPages before we publish our questions.

It is all about the search engine and what is profitable and seeing the statistics on a possible question before we post might help HP in the Google page ranking.

Just a thought. I apologize if this has been asked or recommended before. Thank you for listening.

2. WryLilt profile image90
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Uh you DO realise that Hubpages do not have a crystal ball, right?

http://magictorch.com/wp-content/uploads/computer-shopper-crystal-ball.jpg

And Hubpages "want" us to be active in commenting, linking and forums. But that has NO impact on our earnings.

1. davenmidtown profile image84
      davenmidtownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe a silly question... but how would they rank or rate a question prior to it being published?

1. American_Choices profile image82
        American_Choicesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Davenmidtown,

Great question. I am not proposing a reinvention of the wheel - simply to use the same statistics that HubPages compiles now with our unpublished hubs.

I know the dollar estimate is simply that an estimate but it helpful to know what is a niche that is valuable and what question is not valuable in the Google keyword search.

To do the keyword search before posting a question for a Hubber is time consuming, for a new Hubber it is almost impossible to initially comprehend.

1. davenmidtown profile image84
          davenmidtownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What makes better sense to me is to do the keyword research when writing a hub and the spawn 5-6 questions from that research as means of testing the waters or supporting your hub. That way you are not wasting time doing keyword research on multiple topics... and yet you have given yourself a tool to promote your hub. I would assume that impressions from hubs are better since there are more ads in a hub than a question... what say you?

working