jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How do I verify my site as webmaster here at HP for Bing?

1. lorlie6 profile image86
    lorlie6posted 5 years ago

I am having trouble with this, Bing keeps writing "...verification failed."

1. profile image0
      paxwillposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm not positive, but I don't think you can do this for HubPages since you don't have administrator-level access.  Did Bing ask you to insert some code?

1. lorlie6 profile image86
        lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do have webmaster status here as a writer, don't I?  Hmm.  Yep, they did say a code would be forthcoming...
        Thanks paxwill, for replying.
        Laurel

2. starme77 profile image87
    starme77posted 5 years ago

I tried all of that a couple years ago when I first started at Hubpages and there was so much to learn - I simply blew off the code thing and just submitted my articles to the bing and msn directories - but hopefully there will be codes for all of the search engines and hubpages one day - hey that would be a cool thing smile

3. Randy Godwin profile image92
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

What good is this?  I get a good bit of traffic from Bing anyway. Does it really make much difference?  I mean what can one do with such status from this end?smile 

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

4. Greekgeek profile image94
    Greekgeekposted 5 years ago

Hubpages already submits its sitemap to sites like Bing, and is crawled continually, so there's no need for us to do that.

Besides, it's a little strange for us to be trying to do it. "Webmaster" means site owner or admin.

The real-world analogy: imagine you're renting an apartment. In that case, it would be incorrect to pretend you're the owner of the apartment complex when talking to the utilities company, telling them they need to hook up your apartment to the grid. "Um, lady...it's already hooked up. The whole building is hooked up." smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image92
      Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is what I thought! smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. lorlie6 profile image86
      lorlie6posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, that explains a lot. But aren't I considered the 'webmaster' of my work here?  I thought that was what it implied.  I suppose I am too new to computers to understand the terminology yet.
      Thanks for explaining it...

working