jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

When using Bing webmaster tools, do you add every single hub as well? Or just yo

1. Ashley Ryan P profile image82
    Ashley Ryan Pposted 3 years ago

When using Bing webmaster tools, do you add every single hub as well? Or just your main profile URL?

For example, my page is ashleyryanp.hubpages.com ... that is what is being tracked and analyzed in everything I have set up with Google analytics. Do I also need to add the link for every single hub I have as well? As in hubpages.com/insert-article-here.

I noticed it said to add "subdomains" but I wasn't sure if my profile is a subdomain for HP or if my hubs are subdomains for my profile. If this makes any sense. Thanks!

2. Elsie Hagley profile image62
    Elsie Hagleyposted 3 years ago

You add ashleyryanp.hubpages.com
    Check out here.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ster-Tools

Scroll down the page until you see this heading.
    "How to Verify Your Subdomain in Your Bing Webmaster Account"

It will show you step by step.

1. Elsie Hagley profile image62
      Elsie Hagleyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have just opened a bing account followed the instructions have added the code and verify it.  It all worked well.
      Now I have to learn how to use Bing Dashboard.

2. Ashley Ryan P profile image82
      Ashley Ryan Pposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So I don't add each individual hub, correct?

3. Elsie Hagley profile image62

I know you don't have to on Google.
      Step 3, on bing after having your code verify say's Create and upload your sitemaps.  I have asked a question about Individual hubs for bing,on my feed, I don't have a answer yet.

4. Ashley Ryan P profile image82

Yup. I tried the sitemap thing but after a few hours it told me that my page wasn't correctly set up for a sitemap. Hmm.

I tried to add each individual hub at one point but it said to only add content to which I owned and could edit the HTML for.

5. Elsie Hagley profile image62

Ashley we do owned our content on HubPages. I won't give up on this until I fully understand how to use Bing. Will do more research, then maybe write a hub about it.

6. Ashley Ryan P profile image82

Yea, but I didn't know if we could edit the coding for each individal hub?

Sounds good! If you come across anything, let me know! I'm definitely confused haha

working