jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Not getting comments on Hubs

1. Leaderofmany profile image61
    Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago

I am getting some traffic go through my Hubs, but no comments. What's going on? I leave comments on other Hubs? Am I writing about the wrong issues? Let me know what to do.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image93
      Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have taken a look at some of your hubs, and it feels like I am reading your diary.  It is interesting, but this kind of journal writing feels more like something that should be on a blog.

When I write a hub, I try to think of a reason that a reader would want to read it.  What value will I add to his / her life by reading my hub.  Try to provide advice, or a laugh, or something that they can take with them as they go about their day and life.

1. JKenny profile image96
        JKennyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agree with Millionaire Tips, remember that Hubpages is not a blogging site. Try writing educational hubs, people always love to learn and discover new things. Also, try writing poetry, as most writers have some sort of appreciation for poetic language.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image93
        Millionaire Tipsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I just wanted to say that you write very well, and you are a great asset to the community.  Choosing different topics will simply help you get more comments and more readers.

2. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

If you're getting some traffic, you're doing something right. However, the readers may not know what to say in their comments so they may move on. Some hubbers don't like to comment on controversial hubs because many find their hubscore drops soon afterwards. I don't know if this applies to you, but I thought I'd like to share that as well. In your hubs, try sharing something unique or answer a question that the reader may have. This is why how to hubs are popular. If you consistently speak of your personal life this could turn hubbers away because they won't know or won't find out what's in it for them by reading your personal stories.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image99
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Hi, Leaderofmany -  I also read a few hubs, and I agree with Millionaire Tips that your style is more like a blog.  I read on one hub where you feel you have something to say, and I also agree that you indeed have good points and topics (from what I read).  As Millionarire Tips mentioned, maybe avoiding first-person language would help.  You can probably make your excellent points in the third person, and it might inspire people to comment on your hubs more often.  Some great Hubbers use a bit of first-person language and discuss topics of broad interest (but ones they have experience in), and the combination works well.

Nobody here has suggested you don't have good things to say; they're pointing out that the site prefers non-blog writing (which means readers coming here will expect that style), and suggesting ways you can adapt your style to attract more readers and comments. 

As Millionaire Tips (who is a great contributor here, and offers help to many new writers) said, you write very well, and you're a real asset here.

4. endless sea profile image76
    endless seaposted 5 years ago

I am new here as well..Did few hubs but not a good response I can't seem to get whats wrong..Hopefully I'll receive help

1. bushraismail profile image61
      bushraismailposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You have joined only 2 weeks back and written 4 hubs...I think you cant expect much from this...why dont you join the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge??

1. endless sea profile image76
        endless seaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

what is that? sorry I am unaware of that

1. bushraismail profile image61
          bushraismailposted 5 years agoin reply to this

dear endless sea go to your name at the top right and click learning center there you will find about this under special programs. All the best and welcome to hubpages.

HAPpY HUBBING

1. endless sea profile image76
            endless seaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a lot smile sure I will

working