jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Bing Rankings

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

I usually never bothered about being ranked on Bing as I used to never get views even though my hubs were ranked #1 to #3 whereas the same keyword ranking on page 2 on goolge used to fetch me plenty of views. But, now all of my hubs are totally out of bing - any reason? I heard that Bing is moving towards something (Forgot what it's called - they're reconstructing the whole search).

Any idea why this happened? Since I know many ppl are now moving to bing rather than Google after the algorithms harmed their search, I thought the chances of getting views would increase if I was ranked there as well.

lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bump!

2. janderson99 profile image84
      janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Google is broken
      Google hates you

Hey, I'm talking about Bing here lol I know google is broken but my hubs are doing fine on Google as of now

2. jacharless profile image80
    jacharlessposted 5 years ago

Lobo,

One reason could be due, in part, to the new Bing "Social" approach to the search response [SERP]. The have created a platform driven by likenesses -people searching for things you do and their results. Coupled with their support/integration with the Social giant, Facebook, a larger increase is expected over the next few months. This creates a "real time" search results and eliminates spam, trash sites, junk pages -because people who have visited them immediately tell you what they are like -good or not. It also allows you to show others what you have found preferable in your search. In short, a people driven search engine.

Apart from that, Bing, in and of itself, is a very good Engine.
    Add to that a list of engine "powers" like Ask, Yahoo, etc extends their reach.

There is quite a lot of buzz surrounding the potential for a deeper merger between Microsoft, FB & others, for an altogether new kind of search engine and associated products.

James.

Yup, but that's what I read about just recently. I joined hub pages about 7-8 months ago. But, except for the first two months my hubs aren't even listed most of the times. They keep getting listed and delisted. Anyway, will have to wait and see.

1. jacharless profile image80
        jacharlessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bing & Yahoo are much "older/seasoned and tougher engines to get ranked in.
        Content has to be very good, or better, to even get placed, unlike Google who -up until recently- was hugely liberal with content allocation.

If you're pulling Bing/Yahoo traffic, stick with it!

I just checked my hubs are on the third page or so of bing. I guess that's good considering that my hubs are not old.

1. janderson99 profile image84
            janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Bingo!!!

working