jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

who is wrong

1. bushraismail profile image61
    bushraismailposted 5 years ago

Hello, one of us must be wrong. I have a hub on 'paradise' which is quiet short. It has to be less than 500 words because hubpages marked it as needs revision.
    I saw a hub of another person, there were 3 sentences about a video and the video only. That hub is working fine.

Can you please solve my confusion? Maybe I missed out on some of the hubpages rules.

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 5 years ago

If you see substandard hubs, you are supposed to flag them.

And given the problematic English-language usage demonstrated in your profile, I'm guessing that could be a good reason you've been flagged.

In other words, both you and the other Hub author are "wrong."

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

You should also check the exact reason revision is requested rather than just assume.

bushraismailposted 5 years ago in reply to this

How am I supposed to check ? The hub is highlighted in pink which says needs revision. This means that the content is insufficenst and not the there are grammatical errors right?

4. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Read the reason in the box found at the top of the Hub itself.  That will tell you the specifics.

I have to thank you twice. Once for pointing out my mistakes in my profile page.(I wrote it in the edit box that did not offer any corrections), the next is for making me realize that I don't have enough content and only one picture, in the hub in question.

Thank you.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

+1.

Warnings are general for very specific reasons that are easily fixed. At 500 words, it is probably not length.

5. Teresa Schultz profile image76
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

Not having more than one picture, or even if you had no pictures at all, are not reasons why a hub may need to ve revised. Many hubs on HubPages, of pretty good quality, have no pictures at all. Pictures certainly add to a hub, but not having any is not a reason for not having the hub accpeted for publication. I do hope that you have discovered exactly what it was that needed revising, and that you have now had your hub accepted for publication.

Thank you for your reply ....But I am still in the same place. Back to square one. I hope I correct the issue fast.

6. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

So did you open the hub and read the exact warning identifying the issue--and what was it?

working