jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

need help re tax

  1. Eileen Hughes profile image86
    Eileen Hughesposted 9 years ago

    My google earnings is nearly up to 100 again.  I lost the last one because I changed a/c's and they said I would get it but it never arrived. And as we no longer have access to the old email addy I cannot contact them regarding it.   So do not want to loose this one.  We live in australia  and now that we are no longer working and are pensioners.  I was told that we no longer have an active tax file no.(i think we do) but other half reckons I am wrong

    As google wants tax file no  I need to be sure.  do we still use old no or not???
    Thanks  will appreciate your help.


    1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

      No, you don't need a tax file number.  Go into "My Account" and select "Tax Information", then select the appropriate fields to tell them you're a foreign resident. 

      You can also enter your bank account details so they can pay the money straight into your account if you like.

  2. Misha profile image73
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

    Hi Eileen,

    I believe being a non-resident alien, you don't have to provide your tax ID to Google.

  3. Shirley Anderson profile image75
    Shirley Andersonposted 9 years ago

    I didn't have to put in any tax ID, just had to tell them that I'm a not a U.S. resident and don't have anyone working for me in the U.S.

    I'm from Canada, Eileen, don't know how it's different from Australia.

    Eric probably knows.

  4. Eileen Hughes profile image86
    Eileen Hughesposted 9 years ago

    Thanks everyone for your great help -- as always everyone is helpful

    Gee misha,  you are looking younger than ever  what are u doing  I need some of that. haha

    i really miss being in here all the time.   I am at last in a caravan park that has internet and can use it without paying.  REALLY GREAT.
      Thanks again.  Eileen