jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Bing or Yahoo Site Verification

1. Jeff Gamble profile image76
    Jeff Gambleposted 5 years ago

I've been working on getting my sites crawled and indexed on Bing & Yahoo so I can track traffic, just as with Google. Both engines want to verify site "ownership" and offer options of uploading a special file or inserting a line of code. (Google does this too, but it is not necessary when adding HubPages to your Webmaster Tools.) I know we can't upload a file to our subdomain on HubPages. Anyone know if a way we can add code to the  section of our profile page?

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 5 years ago

That type of code has to be added to the root files of a site, which you do to have access to.

Not to mention, you do not have any ownership of the HubPages site itself.  The only thing you own here is the original content you create.

1. Jeff Gamble profile image76
      Jeff Gambleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I knew we wouldn't be able to upload the check file, but there are tags that can be placed in the head section of an html doc. With Google Analytics we are able to plug our UA code into our Hub profile, so when adding the site through Webmaster Tools, you don't need to go through the confirmation process. With Google, having the Analytics code in our Hub profile confirms "ownership" even though, as you noted, we don't own the site. (Ownership being a nebulous term when it comes to search engine analytics.) While Google may be the biggest kid on the block, it's not the only kid on the block.

3. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 5 years ago

I've never had a problem getting crawled or indexed by Bing or Yahoo, so it's never been something I've had to worry about.

working