I have started writing both on squidoo and hubpages. Though I have an adsense ID, for personal reasons I do not want my adsense to run on hubpages. But I do want a share of hub ad program. By this I can permit Hubpages to display their adsense 100% of the times but I want them to share revenue with me on other ads through hub ad program.
I really do not know why Hubpages has made entering adsense id mandatory to activate hub ad program.
I also believe that separating the activation of hub ad program and adsense will help those who do not have an adsense id. (Squidoo doesn't require an adsense id at all.)
If you read how the HubPages ad program works, one feature is that it compares bids between AdSense ads and the in-house ads and then serves the one with the higher bid to your page. So you can't have one without the other.
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I will make my requirement clear with an example.
Consider 100 impressions of ad is being shared between Hub Ad Program and Adsense. Lets assume 60 impressions are taken by Hub Ad Program and 40 impressions by Adsense. Among the 40 impressions, 60% of 40 impressions i.e 24 impressions will be adsense under my id and remaining 40% i.e 16 impressions will be adsense under Hubpages publishier id.
To summarize : 60 Hub Ad Impressions + 24 Author Adsense Impresisons + 16 Hubpags Adsense Impressions
Now, what I all want is the division of impressions hare as below
60 Hub Ad Impressions + 40 Hubpags Adsense Impressions
By this, I am ready to give all of adsense income to Hubpages. Shouldn't there be a provision to do this? This is quite logical isn't it?
P.S. I am a long time adsense publisher. I really doubt the safety of adsense Id when made available to external sites like Hubpages (however trusted it may be). I think my apprehension is justified as I can see some authors complaining in this regard. I guess there could be more people like me who do not want their id to be shared on networks but to use them only on their websites.
Additional Benefit To Hubpages
With these kind of feature, I can clearly see many many authors who do not write on Hubpages for the only reason of not having an adsense id will start thronging Hubpages. Shouldn't this be a great advantage for Hubpages?
Please let me know if I am missing something.
Not really. By requiring members to have an Adsense account, HubPages is cleverly avoiding the need to have its own screening in place. If Adsense wasn't required, the HP Ads program would become a haven for every spammer who ever had their Adsense account banned.
Thanks for the suggestion, Kamalakannan-2000, but it's not possible for us to de-couple these as Google requires us to supply your AdSense ID in order to serve their ads to the page. Thus, we couldn't implement this suggestion, if we wanted to.
by tnvrstar6 years ago
I stopped writing in hubpages because despite getting 100+ views everyday i was not getting any click. I joined triond and was earning decently which pays about 1 dollars for 1000 impressions and also shares 50% adsense...
by Nathan Bernardo6 months ago
Some people have said they've turned off HP Ads and just use Adsense and actually make more money from Adsense. I'm considering trying that out and was curious how much more some of you are making just through Adsense....
by Dr. John Anderson6 years ago
I think it is related to images being used for the HUB ads and Google ads. When I turned off the Hub ads my adsense revenue rose significantly. I think it is because the block of adsense ads to the right of the column...
by sasta102 years ago
Hi, what was you maximum earning with HubPages Ad Program in a month (not google adsense)? Is it possible to make much money with this program? Thanks.
by Cardia3 months ago
In the past I relied solely on Adsense to earn income from Hubpages, however this year I was able to finally open a PayPal account, so I signed up for the Hubpages Ad program. As expected, I saw a drop in my Adsense...
by Jasmeet Kaur7 months ago
My experience with google ad program is not good!! I am shifted back to hubpages earning program.After reading a post on hubpages that google ad program pays better than hubpages ad program, I deactivated my hubpages ad...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.