jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

My Hubs and My Content/Blog Writing

1. Jay Dano profile image63
    Jay Danoposted 5 years ago

I am a writer on a couple websites. I write blogs, articles, copy and other pieces. I am being paid for those items. They are presumably being sold to clients who use them on their own blogs and websites with their own name attached to the pieces I write.

Am I allowed to publish those writings here on my hubs?

Does it make a difference if my hubs will not be connected to adsense or other remunerative sources?

PS...Having to verify my email address simply to ask a question here, after having submitted and published hubs, seems unnecessary and annoying. What's the point?

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Look at your user agreements on those various sites and see if you have indeed sold all rights.  Most likely the answer is yes.  But, if by chance one of those sites grants you permission to republish the pieces, or if the rights expire after a certain length of time, them by all means republish them here, or on your own website.

Another option is to simply use your previous research to write similar, but different pieces to post here. If you've already done most of the legwork before, it shouldn't be to hard to rework the old pieces into something new.  For instance, add some references to related products and place appropriate amazon capsules.  Or add more current information.  Chances are if you sold the articles a while ago, there might be some information that has changed, or some current event that ties into the theme.  You're a professional writer, get creative smile

Jay Danoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
        SmartAndFunposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Even if you have not sold the rights, do not publish them here unless you first get all other copies of them completely removed from the www. Every article on HP must be original and not appear elsewhere.

Reworking your previous articles is a good idea, but the wording must be completely changed. Simply updating a few facts and adding some Amazon capsules is not enough to keep an article from being deemed a duplicate.

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image70
    Nouveau Skepticposted 5 years ago

No.  Hubcontent must be unique and not appear anywhere else online.

Thank you

3. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

And more than likely, when you sold them, you also sold them the copyright.

Thank you

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

If it's published elsewhere online it's called "duplicate content". Google does not like duplicate content and therefore, neither does Hubpages.

working