- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Improving Your Article
How to Design Your Hub to Look Cool!
A hub in hubpages can be designed to look cool. There are not much tools available like a blogger or wordpress blog or even like a Squidoo lens to design a hub. So, you need have to use your imagination and various graphics to make your hub beautiful. I know what is beautiful to me may seem ugly to you but still I am giving my suggestions to you like it or hate it.
Table of Contents
♣ Use a Table of Contents
♣ Use Page Deviders
♣ Use Text Boxes
♣ Use Compelling Images
Use a Table of Contents
Using a table of contents gives your hubs an elegant look. You can use three types of table of contents - 1) Inactive type, 2) Reload type and 3) Jump type.
1) Inactive type: This type of table of contents is the simplest and less time consuming. The TOC used in this hub is a good example of it. You have to put a list of your text capsule sub-headings.
2) Reload type: Reload type of TOC can be made using a link capsule. You have to put links of your hub in each sub-title of the list. Every time if it is clicked by someone the page will reload.
3) Jump type: This is a real type of TOC. It is tougher and time consuming. You shall have to search the html of your hub to find out capsule codes to use as links. Clicking each sub-heading will make the page jump to go to that capsule.
Use Page Dividers
Page dividers are the designer lines used to divide the paragraphs of a hub. How to insert a page divider?
Well, it is easy and simple. Insert a photo module before or after a text module. Now upload a divider graphic.
Where to get divider graphics?
You may go to 321Clipart.com for some free dividers. Here are some dividers for you created by yours truly. Use them on your hub as you please.
♥ Use a Text-box like that ♥
Use Text Boxes
Use a text module to float right position of another hub will create some cool effects. Just like that used here. . You may select three color options – blue, grey and white. Do not use white here. Blue and Grey can be used alternatively. I have also made the characters bold for looking good and also two special characters
Use Compelling Images
The beauty of a hub is largely depends on the images used. It depends upon the topic and your artistic sense. Try to find out some really cool images to make your hub a treat to look at. It can give you large amount of traffic too. People like cool graphics. Moreover, your hub will be pinned and repined on Pinterest and also may get a lot of facebook likes.
Do not use the copyrighted photographs from others without permission. There are some sources from where you can get free images like Wikimedia commons, flicker,copyrightfreephotos.com etc
You may design some image on your PC and use it here.
While using photos use different sizes on different parts of the hub.
- First Payout From HubPages
How I got my first payout of $111.40 from HubPages.