- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- HubPages, the Community
Hubber Profile - Whitney05
Okay, so I guess my screen name, hubber name, whichever you want to call it sort of gives off my name. I didn’t get to creative with it, so yes I’ll admit to it… My name is Whitney… But, since you already knew that, or at least already assumed it, I’ll go into a few things that you may not know about me…I’m 21 years old (to date), which makes me barely legal, but legal nonetheless. Then again, I guess you could say I’m legal to do all the things that I’ve already been doing… Huh? Well, that’s not really me anymore. I did the party and drinking seen when I was younger (ha yes I realized I’m still pretty young), but I’m over it. Simple as that. Did the all weekend drinking and partying, and I’m over it. *** Drinking gets you in trouble, and that’s all I have to say about it. ***
But, anyway… I’m not much of a go-to-school person, so I opted to take classes with Troy University’s online eCampus. Currently, my major is Business Administration and Management, but once I complete Microeconomics, I will have earned my Associate’s. Now, the plan was to get the Associate’s to have a degree on my resume and work towards the Bachelor’s, but I’m thinking about changing schools and majors.Although, I’m not quite sure what I’d do with the degrees, I’d love to get a double degree in Creative Writing and Journalism. And, if I opt to do that, I’ll have to switch schools in order to continue an online education.
Now, since I am an online student, that means I have loads of free time, so that must mean I have a job, as otherwise I’d be home all day doing nothing… And, well, it’s true, I work 40 hours a week at Communicorp, which is a subsidiary of AFLAC. Although, I am just a temporary employee, I have worked with the company in the past, and hope that this time, they will be able to make room for me amongst their employees.
While, at the office, I am the front lobby receptionist, which means that I open the door, answer the phone, update the company news screens, and pretty much do anything that they need me to do. I’m a quick learner and an efficient worker. I mean, I’m sitting at work writing this and I’m still getting the job done. ;-)
If you’ve read any of my hubs, you know that I write a lot about animals, and no it’s not because I’ve done extensive keyword research. I just really like animals. I write about what I know, and let me tell ya… Animals is it… I’m not a relationship guru and definitely not a history buff, so I’d rather stick with what I know.My passion is pretty split between dogs and reptiles, and of course I have my favorite of both. My favorite dog breed is the American Pit Bull Terrier, and my favorite reptile is the leopard gecko. But, that doesn’t mean that I’m not versed in other breeds or other species. Those are just my favorites.Other things I enjoy are of course reading and writing. I’m a big fan of dog psychology and behavior books, as well as books by Iris Johansen and random vampire books. As for writing, I prefer stories, but every now and then poetry.
My Internet Adventures
Well, it all started a while back when I quit my job at PetCo for one reason or another, and I found that well I needed money to support my reptile addiction. I remembered something about people making money blogging, so that’s what I did a search on “make money blogging online,” or something to that degree.
I first found Blogger.com and started a few blogs, that went great for a while, but the money was slim to none, which sucked, so I had to find another source, which is when I found ProBlogger. There I found the job listings and found an ad for HubPages; I signed up and here I am today, over a year later.
You can check out my profile HERE if you are interested in checking out some of the blogs that I write for. You'll find them varying from pet advice; tattoos, piercings, and other alternative whatnots; video games; Pit Bulls; and more.
- Colors: Lime green, black, and chrome
- Number: Anything odd because you always have the one in the middle that centers everything
- Car: 1966 Shelby (the racing one not the street car), and my new favorite is the Nissan 350Z
- Food: Don’t really have one, but I love donuts, oriental food, and Mexican
- Music: Rock and rap mostly, but it all depends on my mood
- Tattoos: 3
- Right wrist: ‘Chance’ and a paw print that initially is the name of my male APBT that was stolen in 2006, but it also stands for taking a chance on something that may or may not work out whether it be a relationship, a job, or anything new and different. You never know what you may miss out because of the fear that it may not work out. (Chance had a Stage 4 Bi-lateral heart murmur and the vet told us to take him back because he may not live, but we opted to take the chance on him, and I fell in love with that blue-eyed puppy wit a big heart.)
- Left Back Shoulder: Outline of an American Pit Bull Terrier. Eventually, it will have blue eyes, but I haven’t decided whether I want it shaded or not, so I’m leaving it as is.
- Pelvis: 3 stars to semi represent Orion’s belt. Ever since I was younger, whenever I was having a tough time, I could always find Orion in the sky, whether it was early evening or middle of the night, and he always brought a smile to my face. Plus, I’m in love with the story of how he ended up in the skies.
- Piercings: 9; 3 lobes and 1 inner conch in each ear and my lower navel. Eventually I hope to have my upper navel re-pierced and a second inner conch.
Capstone Type Hubs
- Help Caring for Pet Reptiles
My hubs about caring for reptiles and related animals.
- Help Caring for Leopard Geckos
Collection of hubs about how to care for leopard geckos, since they are my favorite and all.
- Caring for Small Animals: Hamsters, Mice, Rats, & Chinchillas
My hubs about hamsters, mice, rats, and chinchillas.
- All About the American Pit Bull Terrier
Everything I've written about American Pit Bull Terriers, ranging from adoption, myths, attacks, and my own APBT.
- Information About Dog Breeds
Hubs about various dog breeds with their characteristics, grooming, health, and more.
- Caring for Dogs and Puppies
Tons of hubs about choosing, caring for, training, and spoiling your dog and/or puppy.
- Dog Training Tips, Help, and Techniques
Because I find dog training very important, it was only natural to write about it.