Education: Now - THIS Would Be a Curriculum!
A Simple New Approach..
The education system is failing us, and the fallout is clearly evidenced by the burgeoning prison system!
Closing schools and building prisons? You do the math!
While government funding is cut for the former - tax dollars are funneled almost without limit into the latter - the bars of which are literally heaving due to the tremendous strain placed upon them by the multitudes of 'shoulda-beens', 'coulda-beens', and 'mighta-beens' imprisoned within.
Is it just me - or is something just not adding up here?
HOW can we solve this critical problem?
As the crime rate multiplies - school administrations divide their attention with more critical issues such as whether donuts should be offered in vending machines, whether the word Christmas might be deemed offensive - or whether children as young as 6 need iPads and condoms!
How brilliant is it that our children need a permission slip to go to the zoo - but - schools aren't obligated to inform parents if their daughter is pregnant?
Can you spell a-s-s b-a-c-k-w-a-r-d-s? If not - please don't feel badly - you're in good company!
I'd sure like to know who the brains behind this operation is! My fear is that they're somewhere over in CHINA!
Here are some 'outside-of-the-(lunch)box' suggestions for courses that might actually teach our kids to get along in the real world...
- Introduction to Self: Self-Control, Self-Respect, Self-Esteem
- The Three Musketeers Course: All For One and One For All (Pre-requisite for United We Stand)
- Anatomy of a Hug: Permission Slip Required
- Shame: Something to be Proud of?
- Settling an Argument: Using Your Brain - Not Your MK-47
- Putting Yourself in Someone Else's Shoes: Permission Slip Required
- Ego: The Good, The Bad, and The Just Plain Unacceptable
- Bullying: The Link Between Bullying and Small Testicles
- Empathy: The Lost Building Block of Civilization
- Technology: Using the iPhone to Call 911 Instead of Recording Video for Youtube
- Fifty Ways to Say I'm Sorry: Fifty Ways to Say You're Sorry
- Gratification: Techniques for Delaying it Until it has Actually Been Earned
- Narcissism: The Negative Impact on YOUR Future, YOUR Relationships, and YOUR Life
- Competition: The Fundamentals of Why it Used to be Considered Healthy
- Being Wrong: Making it Right - The Right Way
- Your Word: Re-Discovering the Lost Art of Keeping Promises
- History of Social Networking: Forgotten Concepts Such as Eye Contact, Face-to-Face Mortal Communication, and Knowing-your-Neighbors-Name
- Greed: Examining the Era Before Greed Became the American Way
There are also Masters and Doctorate Degrees Available in:
- Human Compassion
- Assuming Responsibility, and
- Dealing With Being Told NO
Now - THIS is a curriculum that makes sense ! It adds up ! It computes! It works out!
Anything else just seems plain dumb !
So tell me - did I forget any important lessons?
Other Related Articles by I'mKar'n23...
- Daddy - Please Spank Me!
Don't stick me in some corner for that joke they call 'Time Out' - When just TEN across my hiney would bring REAL change about!
- He Loves Her - She Loves Him Not...
How her twelve-year-old heart yearned for Ronnie - His Cuteness three desks to her left, Oh, how she did suffer in silence - His cold shoulder did leave her bereft!
- Every Day is Judgment Day!
When did good judgment become a bad thing?
- Kevlar for Kiddies??
The PARENTS of America are in a panic to bulletproof the CHILDREN of America - against the GUNS of America!