Education: Now - THIS Would Be a Curriculum!
A Simple New Approach..
The education system is failing us, and the fallout is clearly evidenced by the burgeoning prison system!
While government funding is cut for the former - tax dollars are funneled almost without limit into the latter - the bars of which are literally heaving due to the tremendous strain placed upon them by the multitudes of 'shoulda-beens', 'coulda-beens', and 'mighta-beens' imprisoned within.
Is it just me - or is something just not adding up here?
As the crime rate multiplies - school administrations divide their attention with more critical issues such as whether donuts should be offered in vending machines, whether the word Christmas might be deemed offensive - or whether children as young as 6 need iPads and condoms!
How brilliant is it that our children need a permission slip to go to the zoo - but - schools aren't obligated to inform parents if their daughter is pregnant?
Can you spell a-s-s b-a-c-k-w-a-r-d-s? If not - please don't feel badly - you're in good company!
I'd sure like to know who the brains behind this operation is! My fear is that they're somewhere over in CHINA!
Here are some 'outside-of-the-(lunch)box' suggestions for courses that might actually teach our kids to get along in the real world...
- Introduction to Self: Self-Control, Self-Respect, Self-Esteem
- The Three Musketeers Course: All For One and One For All (Pre-requisite for United We Stand)
- Anatomy of a Hug: Permission Slip Required
- Shame: Something to be Proud of?
- Settling an Argument: Using Your Brain - Not Your MK-47
- Putting Yourself in Someone Else's Shoes: Permission Slip Required
- Ego: The Good, The Bad, and The Just Plain Unacceptable
- Bullying: The Link Between Bullying and Small Testicles
- Empathy: The Lost Building Block of Civilization
- Technology: Using the iPhone to Call 911 Instead of Recording Video for Youtube
- Fifty Ways to Say I'm Sorry: Fifty Ways to Say You're Sorry
- Gratification: Techniques for Delaying it Until it has Actually Been Earned
- Narcissism: The Negative Impact on YOUR Future, YOUR Relationships, and YOUR Life
- Competition: The Fundamentals of Why it Used to be Considered Healthy
- Being Wrong: Making it Right - The Right Way
- Your Word: Re-Discovering the Lost Art of Keeping Promises
- History of Social Networking: Forgotten Concepts Such as Eye Contact, Face-to-Face Mortal Communication, and Knowing-your-Neighbors-Name
- Greed: Examining the Era Before Greed Became the American Way
There are also Masters and Doctorate Degrees Available in:
- Human Compassion
- Assuming Responsibility, and
- Dealing With Being Told NO
Now - THIS is a curriculum that makes sense ! It adds up ! It computes! It works out!
Anything else just seems plain dumb !
So tell me - did I forget any important lessons?
Other Related Articles by I'mKar'n23...
- Daddy - Please Spank Me!
Don't stick me in some corner for that joke they call 'Time Out' - When just TEN across my hiney would bring REAL change about!
- He Loves Her - She Loves Him Not...
How her twelve-year-old heart yearned for Ronnie - His Cuteness three desks to her left, Oh, how she did suffer in silence - His cold shoulder did leave her bereft!
- Every Day is Judgment Day!
When did good judgment become a bad thing?
- Kevlar for Kiddies??
The PARENTS of America are in a panic to bulletproof the CHILDREN of America - against the GUNS of America!