- Education and Science
The Best Experiences in Life are Still Free
Despite our fascination with money and material goods, the best things in life are still free. There are some experiences you cannot put a pricetag on. These are the experiences that enrich our lives, that make us feel whole, that give us a hope.
Here's a few that come to mind:
- Viewing the majesty of the Northern Lights for the first time
- Laughing with a friend 'til we both cry
- Watching a baby smile for the first time
- Waking up to a bright, sunny morning and feeling healthy
- Experiencing the unconditional love of a loyal dog as he licks your face
- Watching the sunset over the lake
- Sharing in the wisdom of an elder
- Hugging a loved one you haven't seen for a very long time
- Feeling satisfied as you learn something through discovery
- Discovering a new activity you are passinate about
As we wait for our next paycheck or consider the purchase of the next lottery ticket, take time to appreciate the things you cannot buy-- the intangible moments in time that are gone in the blink of an eye.
Too often we let these moments escape because we're to busy to stop and appreciate them-- these are the special times that can never be recaptured. These are times where we need to live in the moment and drink it all in. These are moments that allow us to grow and become better people!
Things in life to cherish
Each day we should take time to appreciate the moments we experience intense joy, or awe, or peace. These are the moments we cannot really use words to describe, but we remember them forever. We all experience them, and often, we let them slip away without recognizing the impact they have on our lives.
To live in the moment and experience it fully is a gift we give to ourselves. Give yourself that gift today. Slow down, take time to appreciate the free things in life.
The beauty of the Northern Lights:
For more on life lessons see
- Look at the Sky for some Life Lessons
If a picture is worth a thousand words, looking at the sky must be worth a million. Looking at the sky is a common experience we all share. The sky inspires, mesmerizes, calms, and, sometimes, even scares us....
- Life Lessons I Learned While Fishing
I live in an area with many lakes, so needless to say, I've spent a lot of time fishing. I would not say I am an avid fishing person, nor am I good at it. I have spent a fair amount of time observing and...
- Important Lessons I have Learned From Children
We are always trying to teach children -- teach them the rules, teach them how to behave, teach them skills. I have worked as a teacher for many years, and I also have two of my own children, so I have spent...