jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Coming Sociocultural Trends

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Society is ever changing and progressing at an increasingly rapid rate.   The 20th century was one such century.   The century started with horses and ended up with rocket ships.    This century will even progress faster than the proceeding one.   What coming sociocultural trends do you predict for this century?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

as propelled by technology - changing socialization through virtual interactions. This will change social interaction activities. The more we globalized, I think that Western culture will still dominate and slowly some parts of the world will somewhat follow its pop culture! There is an increasing trend towards a more individualistic society where marriage formation is still popular but many will remain single in their younger years. Postponing childbearing - birth rates will decrease.

2. profile image0
      rickyliceaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

At the end of this century I'm concerned about Peak Oil and Global Warming.

But before that there will probably be more progress.
      I guess more jobs done by robots.
      The U.S. won't be as wealthy relative to other countries, i.e. they are catching up.
      Europe will break up.
      The U.S. will be culturally less Western.
      More outsourcing.

gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

++++++++++!

1. profile image0

What does that mean?

gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are on target regarding your analysis of the matter.   I totally agree with your premise!

1. profile image0

Oh Awesome, thanks big_smile

working