The Scientific Explanation for why Everything is Everywhere

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (68 posts)
  1. Havenite profile image61
    Haveniteposted 11 years ago

Think of a chair in your mind. Where is that chair in your mind? It is everywhere in your mind. There is no where it cannot be in your mind.

What is outside the earth? - The Solarsystem
    What is outside the solar system? - The universe
    What is outside the universe? - More universe
    What is outside the...

This quandary has kept many a mind awake at night ever since people have believed that the body creates the mind rather than believing that the mind creates the body.

The body is finite and isolated. Viewing the universe as being like this will inevitably lead to the confusion stated above.

The mind however is infinite and therefore cannot be isolated. In your mind you can move in any direction you like without ever stopping. To view the universe in the same way ends the confusion of the inability to understand space (galactic or general) without borders.

1. profile image0
      jomineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

?

1. ytbot1x profile image60
        ytbot1xposted 11 years agoin reply to this

!!!

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

The chair is not in your mind.  A brain is not a magical object-creating device.

Some people think the universe is endless.  Others think is has boundaries beyond which there is endless nothing. Whether this or some other theory is true has no implication for what you do here on earth.

The "mind" is a name for self-awareness which is an emergent property of the brain.  There is no actual object called "the mind".  It is something the brain does.  Like legs do walking and sun does shining. Not only is it not limitless, it doesn't exist as all other than as an action of the brain.

I don't know why any of this confuses you. Perhaps you need to read more Wittgenstein.

Haveniteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The mind is absolutely endless. You can move in an upwards direction in your mind and never stop. Just one of the many limitless things the mind can do.

There is no actual object called "the mind".

The mind is a subject that creates objects.

By the way could you give me a clinical scientific definition of endless nothing?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't need to because the mind does not exist in a literal sense.  It is a reification of an action, a myth.  Much like we attribute breakages to gremlins, or inspiration to muses.  The action (thinking) is real but it occurs on the brain, the reifiation (mind) is a no more real than leprechauns or thunderbirds.

1. profile image0

Reification of action - like thought/thinking?
          Reification - like space or time or energy?

1. psycheskinner profile image84

re·ify
            transitive verb \ˈrā-ə-ˌfī, ˈrē-\
            : to regard (something abstract) as a material or concrete thing

To regard an action as an action (time, thinking) is not reification.
            To regard an action as an object is.

1. profile image0

What about thought, space and energy?
              Does actions occur or exist?
              How does one know whether the given word is an object or concept?
              I was not disputing but clarifying.
              Dict: Real:- Actually existing as a thing.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
                A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You really need to get a dictionary.

Real : the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or may be thought to be.

1. profile image0

And you really need comprehension skills. He was stating "The action(thinking) is real".
                  So, are you stating  that 'thinking' is a thing that actually exists?

Re-read my post. Notice is says this...

"You really need to get a dictionary."

2. ptosis profile image66
          ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Aieeee: pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, and green clovers! http://www.splitplug.com/articlepix/lucky.jpg

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

The mind is not endless.  Composed of the interactions of a finite number of brain cells, the number of possibilities for interactions is definitely limited and so is the mind.  While the number is very, very large it is not infinite.

I said the mind was limitless not the brain. You can move in any direction in your mind and never stop. That is an example of limitlessness. If a film maker were allowed to live forever then they could make film after film. Another example of limitlessness. Although in any case the brain is physically unlimited in the micro sense as you can continuously divide up particles into more particles and those particles again into more particles and so on. I.E. you split the atom and discover you have neutrons and electrons. Then you can work on splitting them, and then whatever is inside them. In any case if the brain reflects the universe then it is clearly endless as the universe is endless:

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/7311799_f248.jpg

As that image didn't come out so well this video demonstrates the idea better and that the visible physical world is truly created by the invisible mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6HNx-i0KLs

There is nothing but denial of many scientific theories in favor of God. Gibberish.

1. A Troubled Woman profile image57
            A Troubled Womanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No Bill. It's that you are just denying out of your irrational beliefs. smile

2. psycheskinner profile image84

You mind is not a place.  It is the activity of your brain. Saying it is limitless is like saying you eyes are as large the distance you can see, or your ears go to moon when you hear the words of an astronaut.  It just isn't true.  but you will never understand that there is a different between what an organ can do and the space is occupies..

4. ptosis profile image66
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

A good book to read is called "Who's in Charge?: Free Will and the Science of the Brain"

Says something about the whole is more than the sum of its parts. I like that idea.

5. profile image0
    jomine9posted 11 years ago

The mathematical explanation you gave is EFE, and I said it is a DESCRIPTION of warped space. I didn't ask a description and any how, you said it is not warped space that cause gravity, but the earth accelerating to the ball.
    http://mathworld.wolfram.com/EinsteinFi … tions.html
    The Einstein field equations are the 16 coupled hyperbolic-elliptic nonlinear partial differential equations that describe the gravitational effects produced by a given mass in general relativity

Do you even understand what irrational means? In fact do you know anything other than parroting.

If you can read, the equation does not explain HOW GRAVITY WORKS. IT DOES NOT EXPLAIN  WHY A BALL DROPPED FROM YOUR HAND GO TO THE SURFACE OF EARTH AND NOT TOWARDS THE SKY.
    IF YOU(RELATIVITY) CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT, WHY YOU CALL YOURSELF A SCIENTIST?

Who cares? I'm taking down my account.
    First unlike you, I'm using my proper name, not a pen name. My name is Jomine. The idiotic moderators banned me from posting on forums because they take offense for every word, so I created jomine9, which is my email id, just to answer -pschyeskinner, but I found him no different than you.
    Steven pinker and Kahneman after  years of research found that the modes of human thinking are preset. You are born to be a believer and no amount of reasoning can change that, you will just parrot nonsense. And my own experience in hubpages showed that the morons will never think but simply regurgitate what is taught them. I came here in search of some answers and I got it. So why should I waste any more of my time? I'm off. You believers can continue argue whose god is best. If you gain upper-hand then you can start start burning at stake, the scientists.

Well, let us know which userid you're going to use from now on, Bill. Then, we can proceed with your questions. smile

Yes Bill, we want to be sure about your location. smile

I see despite your sex change you're still full of b*llocks.

Gibberish lol

6. aware profile image66
    awareposted 11 years ago

In the corner.
    Inside.
    Inside.
    Inside.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)