jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The Wereth Eleven

1. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Has anyone else heard of the Wereth Eleven?   They were a group of Black soldiers of the 333rd Field Artillery Batallion in World War II.   These soldiers were captured by the Waffen SS in the Battle of the Bulge.   Eleven of the soldiers were shot out of turn by the SS.

2. lions44 profile image95
    lions44posted 4 years ago

Hi Ms. Williams,
    Not sure if you have found the info you are looking for, but I have written extensively on the 333rd both in books and articles. There was a movie that came out last year on the unit. If you need more information, just let me know and I can get you in contact with either survivors as well as an author who is writing an extensive history of the units.

1. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes I saw the documentary on this unit.  I only wanted other people's responses and knowledge regarding the subject matter.

1. lions44 profile image95
        lions44posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great to hear you're interested in the subject. Whenever I've spoken on the subject, people are surprised to hear about it but very receptive to finding out more about them. Thankfully, the men are finally getting the recognition they deserved.  Best of luck.

working