jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

Fear, Even Hatred of Wealth & Success

1. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 4 days ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12739046_f520.jpg
    What makes some people fear & detest wealth, achievement, & success?  What makes these some people envious of wealthy & highly successful people?  Why do these same people want others to be ON THE SAME socioeconomic & achievement levels as they are?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image89
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 days agoin reply to this

What's up with the ragged/raggedy torn jeans being sold in every clothing store? Girls and women are told it is attractive/stylish to "show skin" this way. Really? They look like poor ragamuffins and waifs to me.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 4 days agoin reply to this

Homage to the gods of the fashion industry, "earning" a living telling us perfectly good clothing is no longer acceptable - a new wardrobe is required to be seen in public.  Every year, no less, we must pay homage.

Kathryn L Hillposted 4 days agoin reply to this

There is a green type movement urging people to buy from thrift stores because today's clothes are made in over-seas shops where people/children are paid very low wages. The clothes are cheap because they are produced so cheaply. Actually, the materials they use are so thin you can see through them. These materials wear out in a year, so women are forced to throw away their clothes, (there is literally an overabundance of old clothing in landfills!) and buy the latest fashions whether they like them or not or the styles are appropriate or not. There is not much choice out there. 

Today, I found myself following a woman about my age or older down a school hallway. She seemed to be teacher or a counselor. She was wearing a jacket and black tights/leggings. I followed her contemplating my old fashioned look … I was wearing a skirt!!!! yikes (One I bought ten years ago.)
          What 's my point?
          Don't throw away your old-school wardrobe!
          I was wearing that outfit, (a longish skirt and a turtle neck) at a local market and two ladies watched as I walked toward them ... "My, you look so distinguished!" they proclaimed.
          "I have to look somewhat distinguished," I explained. "I'm a substitute teacher."
          "You are a good example to the girls!" they agreed.

But girls cannot find nice styles to buy these days, (as far as I can tell, walking through the halls of the schools.)

gmwilliamsposted 2 days agoin reply to this

Shop in thrift shops where clothes are crappy?   Oh boy, talk about poverty living at the lowest common denominator.  I LOVE fashion, fashion is a symptom of culture and class..  Sad some people don't get this.

Kathryn L Hillposted 2 days agoin reply to this

You are right. I hate shopping at thrift stores.

2. gmwilliams profile image82

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12767337.jpg

2. Castlepaloma profile image31
    Castlepalomaposted 2 days ago

Nothing wrong with  being wealthy and successful. As long as your product or service is  healthy and profitable for the public.

If a man has a 100 sheep and the other has only one sheep.
    The God or Goverment takes that one sheep away and gives it to the man with a 100 sheep,leaving the other man with nothing. Is this healthy or wise.?

Really AN INTELLIGENT PERSON who makes SENSE!   +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!

1. Castlepaloma profile image31
        Castlepalomaposted 2 days agoin reply to this

I was mockng the bible, 2200 Business verses.

working