jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

What is successful?

1. JenkinsSmith profile image60
    JenkinsSmithposted 4 years ago

What is successful?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8443777_f260.jpg

2. Melinda Longoria profile image79
    Melinda Longoriaposted 4 years ago

Achieving the reasonable goals and/or higher purpose that you've set for yourself, or possibly that you've reached as a team, company, country, etc.

3. CroftRoan profile image81
    CroftRoanposted 4 years ago

Achieving the goals and dreams you set for yourself and being happy about it.

4. tsadjatko profile image60
    tsadjatkoposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8445441_f260.jpg

To finish the race, fight the good fight,
             and to have kept the faith.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I like that!

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

AMEN to that!

3. tsadjatko profile image60
      tsadjatkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, The Apostle Paul was an inspiration, wasn't he.

5. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 4 years ago

Making it through the day at work means I have had a successful day.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

In these precarious socioeconomic times, NOT BEING FIRED means that a person is successful!

6. Relationshipc profile image89
    Relationshipcposted 4 years ago

I think it is when you feel accomplished at the end of the day and feel as though you have had a successful day, which will contribute to your goals and dreams. However, reaching certain points in life can also make you feel successful.

7. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image35
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

Achieving my set goal is SUCCESS for me. When a goal is achieved I feel I am successful.

8. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8446085_f260.jpg

Success is achieving and living your dreams.  Success is also living life by your own rules.  Success includes a vast percentage of financial freedom, not worrying about where your next meal will come from, whether bills will be paid, and where you will live tomorrow. 

Success is knowing that one has the financial means to survive if a catastrophe occurs whether it is a job loss,  a job being downsized, or other foreseen circumstances. When and if such events occur, one does not have to worry about becoming financially insolvent or homeless.  The average person is only a few paychecks away from homelessness and/or financial insolvency.  This is evident by the current socioeconomic crisis, many people are losing their jobs and some are becoming homeless and financially insolvent because they did not have the financial means to cover their unemployed status.

Success is ownership.  It is an attitude that one can persevere and overcome even in the most arduous circumstances.  Successful people view failure as just circumstance.  Failure is a teacher and an encourager to the successful person.  Successful people see life and the world as their oyster.  They are proactive and refuse to adopt the philosophy of the victim.  They view victimhood as weakness and irresponsibility.  They refuse to let life and circumstances affect and defeat them.

Success is knowing who YOU are. Successful people have an intrinsic sense of their own worth and their capabilities.  They refuse to let the soul destroyers and other negative people tell them who they are and what they can achieve.  Successful people are secure; they are not envious of those who are more successful than they are.  They see such people as their role models.  They are also positive in their interfacings with others.

Success is balancing your work and personal life.  Successful people know that a rich personal life is just as important as a rich work life.  They know personal relationships add tapestry to their lives.  They see it as good mental health to have harmonious personal and working relationships. 

Success is knowing that there is a wider community and that humankind is ONE community.  Successful people know the importance of giving back to the community and sharing with others.  They also realize that no one person is better than the other and all are worthwhile contributors to society.

9. JenkinsSmith profile image60
    JenkinsSmithposted 4 years ago

I define success as how we spend our lives in this world in God's ways.

working