Biblical Creation in Public Schools

1. Paul Winger profile image62
    Paul Wingerposted 6 weeks ago

Thirty years after the US Supreme Court ruled that Biblical creation cannot be taught in public schools, we still see this dead issue being pushed. We see poorly educated citizens desperately plea to school board members have their personal beliefs taught along side evolution (a concept these religious right folks can't grasp - calling it a "theory" when it's clear they have no idea what a theory is. HINT: It's not a guess). Those opposing need to remind school board members that unless they decide to teach ALL creation stories, Biblical creation has no place in the public school curriculum. If they go ahead and defy the Supreme Court ruling, they will be sued and expected to pay all lawyer's fees/court costs when they lose.

2. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 6 weeks ago

I’m not opposed to Christianity being taught if it’s alongside other religions as you’ve said, in a class that makes it clear the students are studying religion and not having religious principals and ideas snaking their way into other subjects.

Something tells me the people pushing this agenda would be the same people arguing that sex ed shouldn’t be taught at school because of “moral ambiguity” or some crap (which is actually a huge issue in my province currently, and it’s mostly coming from Catholic schools...)

1. wilderness profile image100
      wildernessposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

"...in a class that makes it clear the students are studying religion and not having religious principals and ideas snaking their way into other subjects. "

Therein lies the rub, for those wishing it taught to children aren't satisfied to have it in a comparative religion course, but instead demand it be included in the sciences - biology, cosmology, physics, astronomy, etc.  It has become popular, it seems, to claim that anything and everything is "science" as long as it expresses the belief of the speaker.

working