jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can Asian American/Indian kids get college scholarships. Seems like they are

1. CharBrar profile image54
    CharBrarposted 9 years ago

How can Asian American/Indian kids get college scholarships. Seems like they are not considered as minority in America.

2. Ji Hyun Lee profile image55
    Ji Hyun Leeposted 8 years ago

No, unfortunately many colleges no longer consider Asians as minorities under Affirmative Action.  You're just going to have to apply for merit-based scholarships based on financial need.

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Even though you are a minority, if you are from an intelligent minority, you are S.O.L.  Only those from the less intelligent minority races need apply.

BTW, forget about boo-hooing about racism.  Yeah, it is politically correct to ignore reality.  Ignoring reality is why this once great country (U.S.) is going down the tubes economically and politically.  Read about the "Bell Curve".

4. profile image49
    mpotter2430posted 8 years ago

In this day and age, why does anyone need to have special considerations because of their ethnic group or color.  I believe that the next person beside me is equal to me, therefore, I do not believe that anyone should receive special consideration for assistance based on any ethnicity.  There are financial aid programs out there if assistance is needed with paying for school.  You may have to get a student loan, like the rest of us, that will have to be paid back when you finish school.  As far as the Affirmative Action, it may have once had a place to assist people of minority groups to receive equal opportunities, but in this day and age, I believe that people of minorities should be outraged that people would consider that they need special assistance to succeed because of their race.  Work for it.  There is nothing stopping you, especially not your skin color.

5. jyotisingh91 profile image57
    jyotisingh91posted 6 years ago

Really,in today's time nowhere,asian are considered as minorities.For the growth of a country and most importantly for the economic growth,one always want intelligence.And everyone know that intelligence is not restricted to a particular group.So, that is why today's educational system provides the scholarship to students to sort out their financial problem.You have to just make your academic strong for the admission in any college because they provide scholarship on the merit basis.And really this is best.

6. Second Language profile image73
    Second Languageposted 4 years ago

An Asian American student (Chinese) just won a scholarship to study Korean in Korea from the US Government. I wrote a hub about it here: http://secondlanguage.hubpages.com/hub/ … Government

They give about 610 scholarships per year to study 13 critical languages for US national security and economic competitiveness.

But it is not a "minority" scholarship for affirmative action, if that's what you are looking for.