My daughter is going to college, what scholarship programs should we look into?

1. kookoo88 profile image59
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

My daughter is going to college, what scholarship programs should we look into?

She has a 3.5 GPA, is interested in bio-science, not a minority, has spent a fair amount of time in extra activities such as student council, key club and plays basketball.  She is looking at some aid from her basketball abilities, but we want to explore every avenue available.

2. Catie Liz profile image57
    Catie Lizposted 7 years ago

Depends on which state you are in, or if she is applying for in-state or for out-of-state. There are generally more scholarships for in-state students.

There may even be scholarships based on what you ( her parents) do for a living, or there may be scholarships if she is employed- through her employer.

There are scholarships available through the actual school she will be attending or through her bank.  There are Key Club scholarships or once she attends college: Circle K (the equivalency to Key Club in College) scholarship opportunities.
    If she choses to join a Sorority- some sororities offer scholarships.
    The possibilites are endless and there is tons of money out there, it is just takes patience and lots of essay writing in order to apply for some.
    Never pay for a scholarship search wesbite. Most are scams. You can get the same information for free.
    You can also contact the schools to which your daughter is applying to and ask them which scholarships are available.

I hope this helps! I work in a financial aid office at a University so my data is well represented.
    Good Luck!

working