jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How To Learn Italian

1. HubPages profile image
    HubPagesposted 8 years ago

How To Learn Italian

2. gusripper profile image38
    gusripperposted 8 years ago

I BELIEVE ITS THE MOST EASY LANGUANGE STARTING WITH A SMALL BOOK OF DIALOGS SOME GRAMMAR ,THE LETTERS,THE NUMBERS AND THE VERBS .YOU SEE IM WORKING IN A HOTEL AND I CAN UNDERSTAND 3-4 LANGUANGES LIKE WITH THIS SYSTEM

3. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 8 years ago

I Always wanted to learn languages.  I think it probably started when I first saw how Beautiful our French teacher was at school (Yep on visualisation, she really was!) (Sorri I digress abit there)... Ummmm, Yep glad I did! O OK. As I was saying.. I Liked French!!

Later in life, I became interested in Italian when I saw how Beautiful Italian women were. (Yep, Hang On.. Where's my flashback gone?) Learning Italian initially (for me) was confined to just picking up.. (No I wasn't going to say that!) basic communicating skills from listening (Very Quickly) to how the language was spoken by the natives.  That was the hard way.  The Written Language really is very easy to understand as spelling is quite similar to our own.

If you enjoy cooking or baking then you are also dealing with Italian language and provincial variations.  I Highly Recommend Learning Italian.  As people, they have so much respect & of course are pasionate... Ummm (Sorry) towards anyone who has taken the time to learn how to speak in that tongue.

4. vipracing profile image61
    vipracingposted 8 years ago

I'm Italian and if you want to learn Italian I can help!
    I'm kidding!
    I'm Italian and I think I speak a good Italian, because in Italy there are many dialects and most of the Italians speak with an Italian dialectal influences, at least you hear the  dialect accent, but I do not think that I will be able to teach Italian.
    I can help you if you want!
    I speak three languages correctly other than Italian and I learned on the spot, going to live in countries where they speak the mother language .... and looking at women!
    In bocca al lupo!

5. Lady_E profile image78
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

In addition to the other answers...  If you can afford it, travel to Italy and stay there for a few weeks.  This is the quickest way to learn a language.

6. profile image0
    Greta Lieskeposted 8 years ago

It helps if you have a background in Spanish. Italian and Spanish are scary simliar and you will take in Italian much faster if you have that prior knowledge. Also, practicing OUTLOUD is what makes the difference. If you only read, and do not converse with another human being, then it won't do much for you.

7. melbel profile image96
    melbelposted 5 years ago

Taking a language in a formal environment, like taking an Italian class is really helpful.

Another great way to learn Italian is to spend some time in Italy. Be sure to know the language of your destination first. Italy is actually very diverse in terms of the languages spoken. It's not just different dialects, but rather completely separate languages like Neapolitan, Sicilian, Venetian, etc. There is a Standard Italian that is widely spoken, which is based off of the Tuscan language. (I'm currently learning standard Italian.)

working