jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Has anyone receive emails lately about getting ungodly amounts of $$$ in other c

1. profile image52
    tinkerbell09posted 8 years ago

Has anyone receive emails lately about getting ungodly amounts of $$$ in other countries?

My personal email spam folder and inbox has been flooded with emails from people in other countries offering money.  The common cases are lottery winnings, next of kin inheritance, business proposals to move money, foreign business owners needing partners in the States to help them collect money (also moving money around), and the saddest one I've encountered, someone was killed due to terror in there country and want help moving the money so their government won't take it.  U & I know they're scams, but tell me if you've ever responded out of curiosity.

2. rvsource profile image56
    rvsourceposted 8 years ago

They're scams, just delete them!!

They are all over the place, they want to get your personal information so they can steel from you. Don't fall for it

3. veracity83 profile image68
    veracity83posted 8 years ago

Yes....I get them quite often and they tend to be from the U.K.  Yes they are definitely scams..I think I responded the very first time I received one and after reading it I quickly realized it was a scam...because they just want you to provide your personal information to them like your bank account information. I would advise you not to respond at all even if it sounds intriguing.

4. Hilly Chism profile image75
    Hilly Chismposted 8 years ago

I love those e-mails, it really makes me laugh to see what they come up with. The last one i saw claimed to be from a branch of the FBI and the reply address was Gmail lol. You'd think that they would at least spend a couple of dollars on a cheap domain name with e-mail forwarding.

5. kennethv profile image59
    kennethvposted 8 years ago

Yes! I get those letters all the time. Those crooks never give up do they.

Closed to reply

working