Has anyone else been getting Spam mail?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Trekkiemelissa profile image63
    Trekkiemelissaposted 15 years ago

Okay I don't get much email through hubpages.  I just curious if anyone else got this one.  I took name and email out of this.  Sounds like I got propositions or something.

Hello dear

How are you doing today, i hope every things is ok

with you as its my

pleassure to contact you after viewin your profile

at(hubpages.com)which really interest me inhaving

communicationwith you, if you will

have the desire with me so that we can get to know each other better

and see what will happen in future. i will be very happy if you can

write me through my email for easiest communication and to know all

about each other ok, here is my email(email taken out)

(email taken out) i will be waiting to hear from you as i wish you

all the best for your day.

yours new friend.

name hidden

2. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 15 years ago

i dont't get like this ,

but this mail you get,

when that person has visited your profile & clicked on contact person.

i get an spam mail from nationwide bank ,

that i am the monthly winner of google yahoo lotto prize ,

written that,
    i have won 20000000 british pounds.

3. Laila Rajaratnam profile image67
    Laila Rajaratnamposted 15 years ago

Trekkiemelissa..I just came across an identical mail posted at the forum about 80mins back .Its here..from one Mirian123

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/13737?page=2

4. expectus profile image71
    expectusposted 15 years ago

I get these sorts of emails about once or twice a week, always a random hubber with no published hubs or display pic.

I wonder what they are trying to achieve, or is purely to find out our emails once we reply so they can add us to some ad network mailing list

5. charlemont profile image75
    charlemontposted 15 years ago

My biggest won was confirmed by FBI - I was entitled to being paid $60,000,000,000 big_smile IN CASH!
    As to email spam, it comes in from day to day. Can't figure out the purpose of sending it because most emails are incomprehensible.

6. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 15 years ago

i think ,
    world bank will also don't give such lottery.

7. rancidTaste profile image64
    rancidTasteposted 15 years ago

From the last two weeks, I'm getting such type of mails. The mails request me to provide my details, visit to their websites (not profile) and .....

But I ignore those mails and I don't have any headache who they are or not...

8. Princessa profile image78
    Princessaposted 15 years ago

Every single day!!!!

I must get at least two a day -on a slow, lazy day-

The most outrageous were from a woman asking me for photos to know me better, she chased me for weeks trying to get a response to her advances.

I just ignore them all.  If you answer they will get your email address so better just ignore them if you are not interested in their proposals.  Never give any personal details including telephone number, city where you are, credit card numbers, bank names or any information about family members.

9. gwendymom profile image64
    gwendymomposted 15 years ago

I have gotten that exact same one and another asking me to meet them at some dating site, it was really weird. I juts ignore them. Princessa is right, if you contact them at all, even to ask them to stop, they will then have your email address and they will harass you more then before.

10. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 15 years ago

Didn't get that. Usually my spam goes something like this:

"hey! did you always want a bigger penis??" - errr no fanks

"are you sure?" - absolutely

"well before you say no - why not think about that extra length?" - seriously, NO

"we can rebuild you. Bigger, longer, more pleasurable then before" - look, I'm a woman ok? I don't have anything to rebuild in the first place

"ahhh - we can fix that, just click the link" - oh Gods hmm

Three guesses who's getting new genitalia in a few weeks roll

11. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Yeah, I've gotten several different variations of the one Trekkiemelissa got, not frogdropping's.

1. frogdropping profile image76
      frogdroppingposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh well, you can have the link if you want it ...

12. Trekkiemelissa profile image63

I reported it as spam.  Surprising enough, I don't get much spam between all the sites I write on.  I know not to respond hehe.  If I don't want someone to have my email address, I just respond with my no reply type of email.

13. lawretta profile image64
    lawrettaposted 15 years ago

i get spam mails too but i don't reply.

14. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago

Just ignore them. They are doing emails harvesting.

15. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

I think our emails get harvested n that's why we get spam emails tongue you're not alone

1. agvulpes profile image85
      agvulpesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I believe that they will only get your email address if you reply to their email.

If the email you recieved comes through your hubpage email account, the spammer does not get your address.

Also if the email comes through Hubpages, scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a "This message is Spam" button, click on that button and as they say "The spammer is toast" cool

16. GeneriqueMedia profile image59
    GeneriqueMediaposted 15 years ago

Just report it as spam. HP will take care of it. How many crackheads from Boswana can there be?

Spam is best in a can, put in a frying pan.

G|M

17. Trekkiemelissa profile image63

I already reported it. I just wanted to see if anyone else was getting these things.  Its interesting to see what kind of spam we get out of these guys.  If its not one thing, its another thing.

18. Herald Daily profile image60
    Herald Dailyposted 15 years ago

I'm not interesting enough to spammers yet to get love mail from them. smile  I'm okay with that, though.

19. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago

Look at the email message above which has been sent through hubpages. This person may be out to harvest my email address. But he is telling me that I either provide it to him or he is going ahead duplicating my articles in his website.

How would you handle such a situation?

20. JamaGenee profile image77
    JamaGeneeposted 15 years ago

Drats! I got one yesterday and forgot to hit the spam button before I deleted it.  Oops.

21. Profmaggy profile image60
    Profmaggyposted 15 years ago

I've had spam that I suspect originated from Twitter. Not from HP.  HP seems to be a safe environment.  I've reviewed who is following me on all sites even though they are useful platforms that agents etc like to see being used.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)