jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe everything on the internet if enough sites say the same thing?

1. tmoya profile image61
    tmoyaposted 8 years ago

Do you believe everything on the internet if enough sites say the same thing?

If so, why?  If not, what resources do you believe?

2. cocopreme profile image94
    cocopremeposted 8 years ago

I think it would depend on the authority of the sites.  If they are official websites or websites with a good reputation, I would probably believe them.  If it is some Joe Schmo writing it and everyone else has copied from him, I would be more skeptical.

3. Internet Secrets profile image61
    Internet Secretsposted 8 years ago

The answer is no just because most people don't research their
    information good enough to know how it works or even tried what they are trying to sell you. This is one reason why i do not sell my information. I know it works some are better then others but it is something that you have to want and work for it isn't as easy as they say, but with a little effort you can make anything happen. Personally i have been marketing , advertising, promoting, researching and finding the resources that i need to do anything that i want to. I wish you all the best in any venture that you want to do.

4. My SciFi Life profile image74
    My SciFi Lifeposted 8 years ago

You mean you don't?  Isn't everything on the Internet true! smile

I think the simple answer is that just like regular news media it depends on who is speaking and what research has been done - what is the quality of your source and to some extent what budget (and what is the source of that budget!) do they have finding out the answer.

There is obviously a bias in news sources - Fox News being a prime example of this and if this is known, then it can be taken into account when determining the value of the information.

Just as you cannot fully depend upon Wikipedia due to the fact that there have been more than one instance of malicious tampering, its a good starting point for information.

5. profile image45
    businesstipsposted 7 years ago

I usually check out Snopes first.  They are pretty extensive on checking out online rumours.