jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think there is such a thing as muscle memory?

1. oneputt profile image55
    oneputtposted 8 years ago

Do you think there is  such a thing as muscle memory?

Have just read your 1st hub. Had to read it three times. Still wasn't quite sure what you were saying. Posted a comment, and am going to read all  you have written.

2. Jack Thomsen profile image59
    Jack Thomsenposted 8 years ago

Even if there is muscle memory - the diversification of golf's tools,and the arena where they are used is so extensive I would have to use imagination as preference rather than memory. "Memory" has my personal feeling to be comparable to painting by the numbers, and the imagination ( in the moment ).  I'd rather find  my center.  The book: Golf: Find Center - Enter the Circle I hope to bring to completion during the winter of 2010. This another great question.  Thanks for asking.... Jack

3. Sue Adams profile image97
    Sue Adamsposted 8 years ago

How do you tink a virtuoso pianist's fingers can play an entire piano concerto without muscular memory? How do dancers' legs remember a routine? The moves are embedded in muscular memory through repetition (practice).

Also read my hub: "Your Second Brain Is In Your Heart" which sets out that recipients of heart transplants often inherit character traits and memories from their donor's heart. Science is now proving that the heart is a muscle with memory.

4. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

My right arm has never forgotten how to lift a pint of lager to my mouth.

working