Ideas on organizing your homeschool day

1. RGraf profile image90
    RGrafposted 7 years ago

Ideas on organizing your homeschool day

2. Nan Mynatt profile image63
    Nan Mynattposted 7 years ago

Purchase a lesson plan book for the year.  Each week you should plan to cover you basic curriculum for the week.  Make sure that you have a physical exercise program.  You can include swimming, bowling and skating.  The library is one place that you should visit at least once a week.  Plan you class work to start at a certain time and stop at a certain time. Decide what material is to be covered for each subject.  For the science classes you should plan to have  experiments each week.  Don't leave out art, do simple things that do not require expensive articles.  Go to the Art Museum and the Zoo.  Your lesson plan should be done weekly and of course it is better to have the lesson plans for one month. Remember to keep homeschooling the same as a regular classroom. Class periods are easy to assign and do everyday.

3. fastfreta profile image80
    fastfretaposted 7 years ago

I'd like to add to what Nan said.  In addition to her wonderful information, treat it just like another day at work.  When I was in business for myself, and I actually worked from home.  I treated it just like an office away from home.  I set aside my work day and never did anything that made it seem like home.  By that I mean that I didn't do anything that I would do if I was in my housewife mode during those hours.  If I didn't get my chores done before I opened the office I didn't do them until the day was done.  So with home school, I reiterate, act as if you are a teacher at school during that allotted time.

working