3 things to do before you die
Make a list of just 3 things which you must do before you die.
had written an hub on what if you die today ...http://hubpages.com/hub/What-If-You-Die-Today
What I want to do
1. Have all my bills paid off. That way the family is not stuck with something
2. Have a will
3. Have a good life insurance policy
I thought--aside from paying bills and having insurance, which are clearly important to take care of before dying--that you meant experiences to have before you die.
(1) Jump out of an airplane (perhaps this should be the last of the three in case anything were to happen). But there must be something thrilling and entirely unnatural about falling to earth . . . and living. And having that moment where you are glad to be alive, where you feel that you cheated death. I have not done this yet. I'll get to it someday...
(2) Kiss someone that you thought you could kiss only in your dreams, someone who you thought was way too good for you, way out of your league, and who you thought would never want to kiss you back. This I have done (my kid is the result!).
(3) Change a total stranger's life for the better. And then try repeating that every day until you die. We are, I think, obligated to make our friends and family happy (or, at least, happier, or try...). But I don't think enough emphasis is placed on helping perfect strangers, in whatever form that help takes (volunteer work, donations, or something more imaginative). I think this is the only way that our world can get any better. It is tribalism ("it is me and my friends and my family against the rest of the world") that dooms us, I think.
A tiny example (for which I was the beneficiary): once, my wife and I dropped some post cards on the street when we were on vacation once in another country. We thought we had lost them forever. We found out that the postcards got to our friends--apparently a perfect stranger put postage on them, and wrote, in English, "A letter written must get to its destination."
I am still trying. I don't do this every day (I don't even come close), but I'm trying.
What do you think should be on a list of things which you simply must do before you die? Most people will think of things like traveling the world, running a marathon, write a book, climb a mountain, and the list goes on. I could probably make out a... read more
by aoiffe3793 months ago
Do people know when they are going to die before they die?Recently a community leader died 'suddenly'. During the week since her death I have talked with individuals who was told by the deceased that she was 'dying' or...
by Om Prakash Singh8 years ago
Everyone has someone in mind whom he/she wants to meet desperately. For some it will be long lost friend, while for some it may be a forgotten love. Some may want to meet someone to clear any misunderstanding while some...
by Sue Pratt5 years ago
What is the country you'd like to see before you die?I have visited only Canada, Switzerland, and Spain and don't have a lot of experience in international travel, but I would love to see Tibet before I die and am...
by StellaSee6 years ago
What are 3 things you can't live without?Mine would be 1. Friends and family 2. music 3. creative expression. What's yours?
by milewilliam7 years ago
How to write your own 100 things that you want to do before you die?Imagine for a moment that you are on a edge of death, you are taking your last breath and suddenly your life flashes before your eyes. you are seeing...
by Nidhi Singh6 years ago
Which is your dream place you want to visit before you die?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.