jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best scientific calculator for high school students.

1. MM Del Rosario profile image88
    MM Del Rosarioposted 7 years ago

What is the best scientific calculator for high school students.

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

pencil, paper, brain, can't beat them, when they can do the maths using them, then let them learn how to use a calculator.

3. nadp profile image76
    nadpposted 7 years ago

I think that the TI84+ (Texas Instruments) is best.  It will take any student through high school and college math as well.I teach high school math.  Students should learn most principles without a calculator, but for some things they are nearly essential.  In statistics, the ability of the calculator to do all the drudge work has allowed more teaching and understanding of the statistical principles behind the number crunching.  That's what's important!

4. Addmin profile image54
    Addminposted 7 years ago

I'd also have to go with the TI84+, though this could depend on which school you go to. It is a powerful graphing calculator, and has good support. Most students are REQUIRED to have one nowadays. But a calculator is no good to you if you don't know what you're doing, don't rely solely on it.

5. CalcGuy profile image71
    CalcGuyposted 7 years ago

Since you asked about scientific calculators, not graphing calculators, I've got to go with the TI-30x Multiview. Texas Instruments updates its TI-30 series every few years, and this was a really awesome update. On this calculator, fractions look like fractions, exponents look like exponents, etc. It's the first non-graphing calculator from TI that could do this.  It'll also simplify square roots and give you exact values for trig questions (involving radicals, not just decimal answers).

6. profile image49
    Rodzer017posted 6 years ago

Inside the next sentences through this report we're intending to supply you with a number of guidelines concerning the way to appropriately make use of the fraction calculator. For starters you are going to need to have a calculator equipped with fraction keys if you wish to accomplish this.

7. chicagoguy profile image74
    chicagoguyposted 6 years ago

Texas Instruments TI-89 Advanced Graphing Calculator ,,you can buy used one for about 70 bucks !!

8. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 5 years ago

I agree with what other answerers have said, get a TI 84+ model.  The graphing calculators are more powerful, instructive, and useful for advanced math studies than simple scientific calculators.  The graphing utility alone will help students understand functions better.  But also it has built-in statistics calculations and function integrators good for checking your answers.

http://www.had2know.com/technology/grap … ilver.html