jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Isn't it strange to ask questions in Hubpages where answers are readily availabl

1. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Isn't it strange to ask questions in Hubpages where answers are readily available in the Internet?

2. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 7 years ago

I think they do it because they want the opinions of people they "know".  Hubpages is a community; and, most people will give the best answer they can.  For the person asking the question, they probably want to know what like-minded people think of an issue.  Since everyone on here likes to write, we all tend to think along similar lines on many things.  It's not unusual to want the opinion (and approval) of your community.

3. dutch84 profile image61
    dutch84posted 7 years ago

I think it's more personal this way. Plus, you may have a specific question which you don't know how to phrase for a search engine. You know when you're searching for something on Google you can only type in some words and find articles and websites vaguely relating to what you're talking about, but here, you can ask a specific question and get a specific answer from a real person. I find it to be much more convenient (provided, however, that someone actually answers my question and/or the person answering the question knows what they're talking about. lol)

4. N.R.Phillips profile image60
    N.R.Phillipsposted 7 years ago

I often thought that myself. I think if I ever ask a question, it would be a personal question that is cannot be answered by the internet. Being a gemini I know exactly where to get the answers I need, but when it comes to people, well that is a different story. I love learning more about people. Can't easily find online why someone would prefer to live on the coast oppose to inland.

5. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

I don't know why either but I've found it to be great fun messing with them.