jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)

When you ask a question, do you expect an answer?

1. Jangaplanet profile image81
    Jangaplanetposted 6 years ago

When you ask a question, do you expect an answer?

2. Let Me Help You profile image57
    Let Me Help Youposted 6 years ago

Duh!!

My hub is all about asking questions, just buzz me with a question that bugs you or if you want to learn any possible thing and I'll make a hub in which it will be answered in few steps.

3. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

Yea. if i'm really expecting an answer i'd definitely follow it. Otherwise I'll just ask questions to entertain others who loves to answer.

4. snigdha.s profile image79
    snigdha.sposted 6 years ago

definitely, i would expect an answer unless no one really had an answer for the question

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

well , i wouldn't ask if i didn't want an answer or at least an opinion. that's the point behind asking.

6. FaithDream profile image77
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

Yes I would expect an answer, at least I'd hope someone would answer. Sometimes I ask questions based on hubs I'm writing.
    You have some of the best questions. Sometimes I just want to respond to your question with a question. smile

7. kallini2010 profile image83
    kallini2010posted 6 years ago

I would rather ask you, do you expect an answer?

I often wonder when people ask questions what kind of answers are expected.

When I ask a question I do expect an answer, but what I usually get are answers that sound like all-encompassing, the truth in its final instance.
    With an air of finality!  Bang! Bang! Bang!

Most people assume that the person who asks the question does not know the answer or there is one answer that fits all.

I am not clueless, the reason I ask questions is to gauge the interest on a subject and get a range of opinions.  I do have an intention to finalize the "Question & Answers" session with a hub of my own.  I really like when a question is so good that people are motivated to write a hub rather a short response.

For example "Are men more deluded than women?"

"Yes, they are".  Frankly, what is the point of answering like that? Just to get the statistics on how many questions you have asked and how many questions you have answered?

It is a goal, but the point? Point Zero.
    That is my resounding Bang! Bang! Bang!

8. profile image0
    Neville Walkposted 6 years ago

I did ask one question here, to which I really wanted an answer, but after a few days, it had received no replies, so deleted it.  An hour later, another hubber, asked exactly the same question, and within another hour, had received several replies.  So, I don't bother to ask questions now, but instead check to see if anyone else has asked the same question.

9. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I do, and I hope it creates discussion.  I am very interested in other people's opinions.

10. szufisticada profile image57
    szufisticadaposted 6 years ago

yes of course, i wouldn't be at ease unless my question won't be answered

11. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Do you expect an answer to this?  Do you  expect an intelligent and detailed answer or a curt one?

12. yiasa profile image62
    yiasaposted 6 years ago

NOt always. Like if I say to you do you expect an answer from me? Then i don't want you to say something because I've already got the answer.

13. ramyaprithvi profile image50
    ramyaprithviposted 6 years ago

Yes i would..... and i hope i will get one or the other answers in different views.... so i expect answers

14. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 6 years ago

A question asked in this section can be answered with a short answer, if it is enough. But, sometimes a question can also inspire the publication of a hub.

I just post the questions. I do not expect an answer, I mean I do not need them desperately but I do read them once someone takes the time to answer it.

15. poorconservative1 profile image59
    poorconservative1posted 6 years ago

Yes...HELLO! I'm answering ain't I. Just kidding. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

16. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 6 years ago

On HubPages, no.  If it's a question I ask somebody in person, definitely yes.  I've had people ignore questions I've asked while they're directly in front of me, and it causes a feeling of not being worthy enough to get a reply.

17. Johnvegan profile image56
    Johnveganposted 6 years ago

I don't expect it from god...When ever i asked i did not listen anything from him....Don't know why ?

18. Nelly A. profile image74
    Nelly A.posted 6 years ago

I would expect an answer, but there are answers that don't have to be said.. , a nod or a smile will do.   :-)

working