jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the purpose of life? Do we live just because we were born?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

What is the purpose of life? Do we live just because we were born?

2. profile image0
    Rockerzzposted 7 years ago

No life is a beautiful journey and we must all enjoy it
    We are born to love
    ALWAYS remember - "Love is Life , and life is beautiful"

3. wearing well profile image73
    wearing wellposted 7 years ago

Yes we were Born,born to be alive:!
    Enjoy life:)
    Very deep question and one that everyone of us would like to know the answer to;though it all depends on your religious or scientific beliefs I suppose.

4. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

Is this part of the ultimate question... Who am I...Why am I here ?

What would you say if I was to tell you that there is no great mystery and it was all very biologically simple.

We, like all other animals on the face of the planet have a life cycle. As part of that cycle we as individuals strive to pass on our genes to the next generation.  In some animal structures only the Alpha male and female are allowed to breed.  In others the females chose with whom to breed after much demonstration of male superiority indicates to her which male will give her offspring the best chance of survival.

It used to be this simple in humans too.  Until religion came along and religious leaders proclaimed that man was in some way superior to all other animals and they told us that the other animals were ours to use as we please, yeah even unto their extinction... such was the extent of man’s superiority.

Procreation for survival became Sex, sex became fun and.... well you can work out the rest for yourself.  Suffice to say it became the total screwed up mess you see today.

5. Paul4552 profile image58
    Paul4552posted 7 years ago

We are here to learn. We live many lives, and our karmic destiny is carried over from one life to another. Karma is our teacher, and we learn from that. Our goal is to become a being of perfection. It takes living many lives to do this. Then, we become spirit guides to help other souls on their journey. Why all this work? To become closer to God.

6. someonewhoknows profile image76
    someonewhoknowsposted 7 years ago

Paul4552 is right!  The purpose is to learn how to be connected to the source of all life.So,we in turn can contribute to it when it's our turn.In doing so,we will learn even more on a geometric scale.What we will all eventually become is still far from what we will can imagine at the moment.Like a baby that is not aware of it's opportuniies until it grows into it.

7. angel115707 profile image60
    angel115707posted 7 years ago

this song says it all......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYDCMg4d7ks  you have to listen to the whole thing...its really good!

8. lilidauphin profile image61
    lilidauphinposted 7 years ago

It's possible that we all have purpose and it's up to us to find it. Having a purpose gives meaning to our lives, making us more alive and happy. I can't imagine living on this planet without a purpose.

working