jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Which language is easy to learn among French, Spanish & German?

1. adonia profile image70
    adoniaposted 7 years ago

Which language is easy to learn among French, Spanish & German?

2. Jackson Riddle profile image51
    Jackson Riddleposted 7 years ago

I have been learning German for quite a number of years. Some of the people who have been teaching the subject stress that there are kind of two language trees and once you know 2 in each tree the third language will come easily.

As english and german come under the same tree, I would learn that.

3. Rishy Rich profile image75
    Rishy Richposted 7 years ago

The answer would vary & depends a lot on your mother tongue. English & french has a lot similarities thus if ur mother tongue is English or if you have good command over English then it would be easier for you to learn French than Spanish or German. However, if you have good command over some eastern European language like Russian language then It will be easier for you to learn German.

4. red_roses profile image70
    red_rosesposted 7 years ago

I say SPANISH.
    I'm taking it next year.
    I already saw what FRENCH is like... it's much l-o-n-g-e-r than SPANISH. I guess.
    e.g. How are you?
    S: como est tus?
    F: comment vau tu?

I'm not sure about the translation but in French, there are many silent words. That involves all letter Es, Hs, and other letters.
    It's kinda complicated.
    But if it will be your first foreign language. Then, just picked what you like best and what you have backgrounds in.

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Spanish is probably the easiest.  After all, a large group of people in countries in the Western Hemisphere have learned to speak it.

6. mnonline profile image57
    mnonlineposted 7 years ago

It seem to me that Spanish is kind of easy. I did very well with Spanish even though i hate that language so much. I also have taken French. I agree that French language does have silence sounds. It is odd and a bit hard.

Funny thing is that when i learn French, i got it mixed up with Spanish. There are words that are similar and i said it in Spanish way and got it wrong smile      But as long as you got familiar with the language, it is easy. I thought French was hard but it's alright. You will never know when you actually take it.

7. artlader profile image60
    artladerposted 7 years ago

Unless you have experience in learning all three as non-native languages under pretty similar conditions, it might be tough to give a truly objective answer, no?

Regards,
    Art

working