how can i define the politically correct language and what are the examples of i

1. profile image44
    ozama d. abasposted 7 years ago

how can i define the politically correct language and what are the examples of it?

how can i define the politically correct language and what are the examples of it?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

Politically correct?  Well, there was a time you could say, "manpower" or Mankind.  Now it's Humankind for the latter, but I don't know what they use for the former.   It seems it's "sexist" to use terminology which refers to men and not women; in other words women need to be included in the words used.   

I have no argument with that.  What is a bother, or used to be, is when, in all inocence, one uses a 'sexist' expression without being aware of it, only to be picked up on it by the woman who angrily points it out to you. 

I will upset a number of my own gender here, though. For I do think it has been inculcated into us males for generations that men have more right to live on this planet than women.   Or that is how it seems.  It wasn't that far back that women weren't permitted by law to own property such as real estate.  When a couple married, the mortage (and the ownership) of a home was, under law, the man's responsibility.   All of that began to change when women started to become more dominant in the workforce.   

In many lands this inequality is still very apparent: one law for men, one for women, and the women always get, as they say in Australia, "the rough end of the pineapple."

My view?   All power to women...Well, no: EQUAL power at least.   Let's hope it does eventually come.

working