jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the best things about Islam?

1. cheapskatemate profile image61
    cheapskatemateposted 7 years ago

What are the best things about Islam?

I have been asked to learn more about Islam, and want to start by finding out the best things about it.

2. SheriSapp profile image60
    SheriSappposted 7 years ago

I give up!! If you find any, let me know. Oh, WAIT!!! All women are covered by a burka so nobody can tell if YOUR woman is astoundingly hideous!

3. Daniel J. Neumann profile image60
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Cheap Skate Mate,

As Michael Moore said today, the Koran mentions Jesus's name multiple times, citing him as a prophet. So, even though the Torrah (the Jewish sacred book) talks about a messiah, Islam recognizes Jesus Christ's divinity more so than Jews. Not like that should matter in this country of liberty, but as a Christian, I believe that’s a great thing about Islam.

Islam also has great life lessons, almost like another chapter of the Bible. I like the idea of kismet. It's the idea that an all-knowing-God, even if giving us the illusion of free will (which would be subjectively true), had to have always already knew what would happen after the Big Bang. God is outside of time, thus knows how it begins and ends.

Thanks for the awesome question,

Dan

4. pedrog profile image61
    pedrogposted 7 years ago

I'm with SheriSapp, don't think that there is anything good about religions, like the great Richard Dawkins said:

"One of the things that is wrong with religion is that it teaches us to be satisfied with answers which are not really answers at all."

5. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Islam means safety. Being a muslim means you want to be safe in your life - the life before and after your death. Islam shows really clear direction to Muslims in how to get through their live. In general Muslims are demanded to be useful ones in their live for others -- other humans, surroundings, nature, even the world. Muslims are demanded to be very discipline on the time, this one proved by the compulsory to sholat 5 times in a day. For further information about Islam I suggest you to read thoroughly my hubs on this.

working