jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My favorite teacher was my second grade teacher cuz she was kind and patient. Wh

1. ladyjane1 profile image77
    ladyjane1posted 7 years ago

My favorite teacher was my second grade teacher cuz she was kind and patient. Who was yours and why?

2. KewlWriter profile image74
    KewlWriterposted 7 years ago

I dont remember the grade but her name was Luba DeSilva. She was my English teacher and I am so glad she taught us the British English version of things[ which somehow look more appropriate]. LOve Shakespeare, O.Henry, Wordsworth because of her.

3. FloBe profile image79
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

I had a terrible teacher in grade 4 who mistreated me and pitted my best friend against. When I went into grade 5, she tried to influence my new teacher. I will never forget my new teacher's response: "she is my student now and I will treat her just like I do all the other students...I will make up my own mind." She restored my faith in school and I loved learning ever after. If it wasn't for her I might have been disillusioned with the education system for life.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 7 years ago

I had a few over the years, and they stand out in my mind because they were so rare. They were all high school teachers. None of my elementary school teachers or junior high teachers stand out for any but negative reasons.

The human physiology teacher, because he made the lessons fun and interesting with unique turns of phrase to help us remember the various organ functions.

The ancient history teacher, because he made history come alive instead of being dry and boring reading.  Because of him, I have a lifelong interest in Ancient Egypt.

Finally, my advanced composition teacher because he came up with interesting choices about which to write, and also held a laid-back classroom atmosphere in which learning was fun.  "Cookie, anyone?"  and he'd toss a cookie across the room to anyone who raised their hand.

working