jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

why do people think aliens built the statues on easter island?|

1. profile image45
    inyaposted 7 years ago

why do people think aliens built the statues on easter island?|

dsdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

2. Edgaras profile image58
    Edgarasposted 7 years ago

Becouse people need justify some things what they do not understand .Like and corn field, everyone who does not know how it's done they say "Aliens"

3. peterxdunn profile image60
    peterxdunnposted 7 years ago

Because they (the statues) look decidedly weird.

4. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 7 years ago

early european explorers had a  racist concept of 'primitive' peoples and didnt believe they could possily be sophisticated enough to master the technology needed to create the statues;

this continues to persist today [and you'll see it often here on hubpages] with the argument from incredulity -"Gee, i can't understand this! THEREFORE, it must be supernatural"

steve

5. Kosmo profile image99
    Kosmoposted 7 years ago

The statement is more rhetorical than factual. I'm don't know for sure who built those statues on Easter Island, but I'm just about certain it wasn't aliens. Basically, I loved the title so much I decided to use it. In doing so, was I being dishonest? Moreover, stories about aliens building ancient edifices tend to do better than stories regarding science-based archaeology.

working