jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the best way to help high school students overcome test anxiety?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

What is the best way to help high school students overcome test anxiety?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Tell them to stop being so pathetic and grow up.

3. pamelaingalls profile image60
    pamelaingallsposted 7 years ago

The best way to overcome test anxiety is to become aware of when you are first feeling any sort of anxiety, annoyance or anger that may cause you to release your fight or flight stress hormones. I have created an imaginary tool belt of Nine Tools for you to use in that moment to prevent the release of those hormones so that your mind stays clear and you can remember what you have studied for your test. The students I have worked with report an instant leap in test scores and grades. It may take some practice using my methods, but once you get it, it is very exciting to see what happens when your mind and body are working FOR you not against you! Check out my website www.PressureFreeLiving.biz and good luck!
    Pamela Ingalls
    CEO, Pressure-Free Living

4. JASCO4EDUCATION profile image61
    JASCO4EDUCATIONposted 6 years ago

We have to go to great lengths to prepare our students. Obviously, the student has to be prepared individually. The more prepared a student is, the more at ease the student will become. Preparation includes making sure that students are comprehending the material, concepts reinforced, and all questions discussed and answered.